Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Toneport UX2 static noise problem

When I play it regardless the guitar plugin I use (Amplitube, Revalver etc) I have this noise that is heard on low volume passages and I have a noise gate effect (even with noise gate effect totally off) and the sound cuts off if there is no playing. Normally there would be some hum/buzz, instead here it gets cut. When I play low leve passages I hear that problem in the noise.

Here is a clip I made to demonstrate the problem.

I am using an HP i5 laptop that I have used in the past with many other interfaces without a problem. Also I have windows 10. I tried ASIO4ALL and still...

https://soundcloud.com/pureanalog-1/ux2-sound

When I listen to tracks being played back (recorded with other interfaces) everything is fine. 

Thank you

When I play it regardless the guitar plugin I use (Amplitube, Revalver etc) I have this noise that is heard on low volume passages and I have a noise gate effect (even with noise gate effect totally off) and the sound cuts off if there is no playing. Normally there would be some hum/buzz, instead here it gets cut. When I play low leve passages I hear that problem in the noise.

Here is a clip I made to demonstrate the problem.

I am using an HP i5 laptop that I have used in the past with many other interfaces without a problem. Also I have windows 10. I tried ASIO4ALL and still...

https://soundcloud.com/pureanalog-1/ux2-sound

When I listen to tracks being played back (recorded with other interfaces) everything is fine. 

Thank you

Sometimes noise is picked up through the power supply or other things like nearby lights, fans, TV's, the lap tops monitor, cell phones, etc. Try unplugging the laptops power supply and see if there's an improvement.

Well, the problem is not really the noise itself. The noise is normal and comes from the pickups and cables mostly. The problem is that it has that noise-gate like effect (if I touch the strings it stops completely), and also that the sound distorts a little bit if you listen carefully. 

I updated the line6 driver to the latest and the problem is gone with Line 6 ASIO. With ASIO4ALL the problem persists.

The thing is that with the line6 asio driver I cannot get the latency to reasonable levels (<18msec). With ASIO4ALL it is around 5-6msec back and forth which is great but the sound is problematic. The problem with the sound distortion-intermittent noise gate like effect etc, is the same regardless of the ASIO4ALL settings. Even if I increase the samples and buffer at maximum it persists. 

any other suggestions perhaps?