Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV Express MKII

thedriftrocks

Does FBV Express MKII work with Firehawk 1500?

This would be a deal breaker for me on whther to buy Firehawk 1500...

Yes, FBV Express MKII is 100% compatible with Firehawk 1500

FBV II 100% compatible??? But volume control doesn't work fully - when switching patches, new patch always kicks in at max volume where ever pedal is positioned - see my post on this subject - be helpful to have some learned comment on this issue from Line 6 please

If you can post a link to your post I'd be happy to help.  

In the meantime I recommend to make sure all presets are leveled. Also keep in mind that the preset will be recalled in which ever state it was saved. By recalling a saved preset with the Volume at 100%, the preset will engage with the Vol effect 100% regardless of the EXP position. If this is a preset you'd like to be recalled at a lower volume ( such as 50%) I recommend saving it at the desired spot. Then when engaging this preset it will be within the desired volume.

Hey Nick, thank you for your interest - here's the post http://line6.com/support/topic/19425-fbv-shortboard-volume-pedal-issues/

Whilst I appreciate your suggestion regarding the levelling of volumes and I have done this to a certain extent, however I need the fine adjustments of the volume pedal.....being able to make a small adjustment to increase/decrees volume.

Hey Nick, thank you for your interest - here's the post http://line6.com/support/topic/19425-fbv-shortboard-volume-pedal-issues/

Whilst I appreciate your suggestion regarding the levelling of volumes and I have done this to a certain extent, however I need the fine adjustments of the volume pedal.....being able to make a small adjustment to increase/decrees volume.

Thanks for the Link!

A lot of great feedback in that post. 

Just to reiterate, regardless of where the EXP is, when you recall a preset it will always load with the saved volume within the preset, until the EXP is moved. If you would like a particular preset to load with lets say the EXP at half way, I would re-save the tone with the adjusted volume effect within the signal chain. 

If a preset is saved with the Volume effect at 100%, recalling that preset with FBV's EXP at 50% won't load the preset with 50% volume.  

Nick, thank you but I'm struggling with this - I have saved patches with volumes set at low i.e. pedal set to minimum but immediately when I select the patch the volume is at max, whatever the pedal position - this is what I struggle with and speaking frankly, this has to be a malfunction of the software - why when selecting a patch would you have it kick in at maximum volume and then adhere to the pedal once the pedal is moved - certainly not the case on the Spider, Amplifi, Flextone and firehawk effects pedal - this is a 1500 anomaly.