Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

2.0v Update For Dt50

jkasper

its still a 2 channel amp... as you'll no doubt find out.

Ok, so from what I can see the v2.0 update gave me 30 amps on my dt50 which I can only control if I own and ipad or iphone?? so what if I don't own an I phone or Ipad??

I recently got the JTV59 and the DT25 amp to complete my 'dream rig'. (I've had the HD500 for a yr and a half). The learning curve is steep, and honestly I'm so impressed with most of the tones that I have already made. So much so, that I don't even know if my amp follows the topologies of the patches that I edit on my pod HD edit software on my computer... Is that right? Am I not utilizing all 30 of the amps from when I updated it to v2.0? GOD, I hope you all don't think I'm stupid... I've just been enjoying the BEST tones in my life and this rig has REALLY upped my playing skill. And the amount of playing time...Thanks. :D

no.. there is a windows version too...

perhaps you should just leave it alone and go back to playing :D

I dont own a mac or ipad or iphone.. Again from what I see without a apple based computer or tablet this upgrade does nothing for me.. Right??

you need a seperate midi interface...

such as the m-audio uno....

this is required to update.... and also required to make changes after the update...

the hd500 will not do it.

midi interface with what?? I have a pod hd500.. what else is now needed??

no honestly if you are using an hd500 and the line6link, theres nearly NO benefit at all to updating...

the update primarily benefits using the amp by itself.

you can already save changes to the amp config etc, via the hd500... 

OHHH  crap! lol...OK... I know I haven't read the info.... so after hookin' it up to midi, can I save the changes onto my POD HD500?

it's ONLY a 2 channel amp... even with an apple product or a windows product... its impractical to change between 30 amps in a live setting...

what you CAN do with the update... is change all 4 of the topologies in each channel (4x2=8 total amps)

and store those amps in your 2 channels...

the amp will still read the knobs on the front of the amp... and most likely sound like crap for 3 out of the 4 topologies.

and you'd still only use the A/B channel via a footswitch... unless you're going to readjust the knobs every time you switch amps... (not practical live)

TO BE CLEAR... it will still be a 2 channel amp after the upgrade. you just have more say over what those 2 channels can be.

also... if you are using it with an HD500... then you really don't gain anything.

right so you would be able to change to one of the 30 amps if you use a apple product.. without that this is useless.. Thats the main question.. There is no way in a live situation to change the amps.

Ok, I get it. I could change the 4 amp to any 4 of the 30 in the update.  That makes sence. I didn't see a windows version on how to to do this..  I did the update.  I have the m audio connection from my vetta days. Is this done thru pod hd500 edit?? Or is there a different way to do it.

not really, it's one of those things, where you'd really need to learn about amp building etc to know all the real ins and outs...

but the best way with the great user created editors... is to just try it, and let your ears be the guide... it's a really nice update!

i rarely use the amp without the pod... but it's great to have those soldano channels etc right on the front when i do :)

Hey, found it!!! down loaded. now it will be anouther 3 months of playing around. Is there any kind of user guide for this??

I use the Windows software that is pinned to the top of the Amp forum (https://code.google.com/p/dtedit/) and the M-Audio Uno MIDI interface with my Windows computer to use the Windows editor to customise the DT amps.

It works perfectly and it looks great, the developer has done a very good job on this Windows based editor.  I now have 8 different amp models that I can use when using the amp as a stand-alone (without using the POD HD-500).  Of course I can have any of the 30 amps assigned to a patch when using the POD HD 500.

right so you would be able to change to one of the 30 amps if you use a apple product.. without that this is useless.. Thats the main question.. There is no way in a live situation to change the amps.

Cheers,

Crusty