Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Modeling decay warble - Standard vs JTV

ricstudioc

I've had a 69 for a couple years now, use it enough that I decided to acquire a backup and opted for a Standard.  All in all I like it, actually for my hands a slightly better overall axe as well as being a tad lighter.  BUT -

I notice a tendency for more noticable "warbling" as notes decay, predominately with 12 string and other pitch shifted settings but still present in most model positions.  The JTV has never exhibited this, and I'm just wondering if others have noted it - and if so what remedial actions could be taken?

FWIW - strung with 10's, action just a bit higher then "low", don't think pickups are too close to the strings (tho how does one really determine this...?)

Just idea shopping, here.....

Ric

FWIW - strung with 10's, action just a bit higher then "low", don't think pickups are too close to the strings (tho how does one really determine this...?)

Ric

Excellent question, but since the powers that be refuse to divulge such "sensitive info", we're all just left to guess. Someone will no doubt chime in shortly to say, "setting the mag pickups too close to the strings will produce warbling with the modeling. Take it to an 'authorized service center', they'll have The Specs..."

Or, you could just lower them slightly yourself and see if it makes any difference...

Excellent question, but since the powers that be refuse to divulge such "sensitive info", we're all just left to guess. Someone will no doubt chime in shortly to say, "setting the mag pickups too close to the strings will produce warbling with the modeling. Take it to an 'authorized service center', they'll have The Specs..."

Or, you could just lower them slightly yourself and see if it makes any difference...

Heh heh - you mean they DON"T have a tech sheet specifiying the Oersted/Gauss field flux interactions? 

Well lollipop that.  (Yah, I typed "lollipop").  ;-)

But yeah, I'll probably crank'em down and see if that changes things - if so, start to slowly bring them back up till I see an issue.

But if it doesn't ;;;;; where from there?  Probably get to it this weekend, I'll post any results.