Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Editor and improvements

jpdennis

Just to mix it up, any word on when the editor will be out of beta as well as firmware update with improvements & added FX and Amp models?  It's gotten kind of quiet on that front and more chatter about the settings and styles.  So I thought I'd see if there is any word from the staff or beta testers.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis

Maybe a misunderstanding? This is a public beta, and everyone can use it right now!

Works quiet flawless!

The public beta of the editor, and the Helix itself, is working very well for me.  Still, the Helix is rather easy, if not easier for me, to use manually to setup song lists but that is just personal taste. 

I was hoping for the editor to go from public beta to public full release soon and no longer be in the beta category at all.  Also wondering about several of the effects that have been voted on (in particular the high count ones) to see if there are any upcoming release dates.  The following is a list of ones that actually are feeling like a good fit for this Helix system;

1) Metronome

2) VU meters / or some sort of output metering of some type to gauge and match output signal going to FOH systems - I had been using my ears but the ability to use the EQs in the Helix seem to have me getting either ear fatigue sooner then normal or the bands are so saweet to use I am over using them. :wacko:

3) Auto Vol /Swell type of thing

4) Finished Editor completely out of public beta

5) Auto Wah

6) Any current reported bug fixes.

Anyway, like that sort of thing.

Thanks for the response

Dennis

Some hours ago, Digital Igloo posted:

To be fair, our wish list is gargantuan—many hundreds of features and many hundreds of models. We likely won't get to 90% of it before Helix is EOL'ed who-knows-how-many-years from now. That's why IdeaScale is important; it helps dictate what ends up in the 10% we do get to. A big part of my job is prioritizing that list; that's why I wear asbestos pants every day.

So let's check out the ideascale ;)

Some hours ago, Digital Igloo posted:

So let's check out the ideascale ;)

Thanks klangmaler.  I admire someone able to actually say EOL during early adoption :rolleyes:.  But I am really glad DI wears asbestos pants as the ideas are prioritized :lol: .  Now I am wondering what has made it into the greatest hits list from the ideas on IdeaScale.  I joined IdeaScale and found so many ideas that had already been conceived I just started voting over the past two months.  So maybe DI will check in with a "hold your horses Dennis, we're working on it and the next update should be out in a few months" ... or less. :ph34r:

Dennis