Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bluescreen Crash

johnnyrenshus

Hi there!

It might been answered on this forum before, but I've searched my lollipop of and ragequited maaaany times by this error crashes.

I've conected my HD PRO via USB, in Windows 8 I've selected that all the sound (from Spotify or FL studios for instance) will be played throgh the HD PRO. It Works fine and I can play through the HD PRO With no problem With Spotify or whatever. But when I want to records something, and I'm using "ASIO POD Hd Pro" cause it got the lowest latency. When I've played for a couple of Seconds to minutes the PC crashes. I've got different error Messages like: "BAD_POOL_HEADER" or "L6HDPRO64" or "SYSTEM_THREAD_EXEPTION_NOT_HANDLED".

I have updated the Monkey program and the HD PRO! I did it 5 minutes ago and it still crashes. I sent even Line 6 a e-mail, but did never get any answer... :( I've also flashed it a month ago, With no Luck. (had the same problems then, and I read it might work, but didnt).

I've got 12gb RAM and a 3,6 GHz Quad-Core processor, so I really dont hope that my computer is too old and bad to use it. The only thing that I think might be the program is that my standard soundcard is broken, but I do not use it! After all, Ive conected all the sound via USB and into the HD PRO...

Please help, I'm almost going crazy and havent found any solutions yet that really work...

i'd suggest trying slimdrivers (google it) its free...

there's more going on than just the audio driver...

slimdrivers will help you get chipset, usb, and other motherboard related drivers.

won't hurt to check... but there's not alot of upgraded drivers etc related to windows 8... since its pretty new and no one really wants it...

I use it and it's a mess... 

Thanks for answer. Yes, its an AMD computer. And I will check it out, and check if all my drivers are up to date and stuff. But the weird thing isthat for some months ago I removed W8 and installed W7 and Linux Ubuntu but I got the same error messages on both systems! :S

i'd suggest trying slimdrivers (google it) its free...

there's more going on than just the audio driver...

slimdrivers will help you get chipset, usb, and other motherboard related drivers.

won't hurt to check... but there's not alot of upgraded drivers etc related to windows 8... since its pretty new and no one really wants it...

I use it and it's a mess...

Hmm i think it is a win 8 problem have they done something new in the audio section since Win7?

I wouldn´t care so much for the date of drivers unless they are not working at all and not functional i have used Vista drivers in Win7 and it have worked fine..

In Win 7 you can have more than one audio driver active at the same time.

If you have more than one driver active you might change driver in your spotifyplayer to the built in audiodriver it is usually in the preferences or option menu so you can have the POD drivers only for recording..

And what program are you recording with??

Cubase & Studio One have an option called release audiodriver in background so you can use several auidio applications simultaneouse other DAW may called different but i am pretty sure most DAW have that option nowadays..

Another way is to make the built audio driver inactive everytime you want to use the POD HD driver..

But that require that you need to remember that and go to the controlpanel and change it every time..

But if that is the only oprtion you may have no choice..

I'd advise you to disregard this statement. ASIO4ALL is not a "great driver" it is a reverse engineered 3rd party open source attempt at faking compliance with the ASIO specifications.

it's use is for products that do not have real genuine ASIO compliant drivers available... which is not the case here.

Another great driver is ASIO4ALL with that you can have both drivers active..

I'd advise you to disregard this statement. ASIO4ALL is not a "great driver" it is a reverse engineered 3rd party open source attempt at faking compliance with the ASIO specifications.

it's use is for products that do not have real genuine ASIO compliant drivers available... which is not the case here.

Yeah that is correct it is a reverse engineered poject but that doesnt mean it is NOT GREAT

Hey i have used that driver many times and with low latency and atleast it is NOT CRASHING my system like Line 6 drivers and other soundcard driver has..

I know there is better ones out there but they cost money this one is FREE and a very useful option if your soundcards driver i.e Line6 does not work as it suppose to..

where is this statement that you quoted from guitarmaniac64? i can't find it in his post. has it been removed?

Hmm i think it is a win 8 problem have they done something new in the audio section since Win7?

I wouldn´t care so much for the date of drivers unless they are not working at all and not functional i have used Vista drivers in Win7 and it have worked fine..

If you have more than one driver active you might change driver in your spotifyplayer to the built in audiodriver it is usually in the preferences or option menu so you can have the POD drivers only for recording..

Cubase & Studio One have an option called release audiodriver in background so you can use several auidio applications simultaneouse other DAW may called different but i am pretty sure most DAW have that option nowadays..

Another way is to make the built audio driver inactive everytime you want to use the POD HD driver..

But that require that you need to remember that and go to the controlpanel and change it every time..

Guitarmaniac64, on 14 Aug 2013 - 16:39, said:snapback.png

Another great driver is ASIO4ALL with that you can have both drivers active..

you THINK you've gotten low latency... a driver that does not adhere to the ASIO spec... is somehow delivering accurate latency measurements to a specification that it doesn't adhere to... yeah right.

ASIO4ALL is a good workaround for audio cards whose manufacturers do not provide ASIO compliant drivers...
ASIO4ALL also does not give you all the benefits of your hardware...
i guess its good enough for you... not sure how that = great....
but just because the driver itself says its better (because it reports some made up latency number)
does not make it so.
it also does NOT work how line6 drivers are supposed to... there are specific hardware enhancements, as well as a strict adherence to the ASIO specification that ASIO4ALL does not provide.

also the ability to use more than 1 audio driver/card is COMPLETELY outside of the ASIO specification...  (i.e. impossible to be compliant)

the ASIO specification calls for all inputs/outputs to be controlled by a singular hardware clock, which is how the accurate latency is reported.

Yeah that is correct it is a reverse engineered poject but that doesnt mean it is NOT GREAT

Hey i have used that driver many times and with low latency and atleast it is NOT CRASHING my system like Line 6 drivers and other soundcard driver has..

I know there is better ones out there but they cost money this one is FREE and a very useful option if your soundcards driver i.e Line6 does not work as it suppose to..

I did try the USB filter thingy, got another error Message now... (didn't get it before the PC restarted)

Sorry, I do not know if they have done something New in W8 in the audio settings :( But I have now disabled everything except the HD PRO, and still error Messages.
I'm using both FL Studios and Mixcraft 6.

Thanks People for being so helpful and Learning me about ASIO4ALL (HAHA! :D )

you THINK you've gotten low latency... a driver that does not adhere to the ASIO spec... is somehow delivering accurate latency measurements to a specification that it doesn't adhere to... yeah right.

ASIO4ALL is a good workaround for audio cards whose manufacturers do not provide ASIO compliant drivers...

ASIO4ALL also does not give you all the benefits of your hardware...

i guess its good enough for you... not sure how that = great....

but just because the driver itself says its better (because it reports some made up latency number)

does not make it so.

it also does NOT work how line6 drivers are supposed to... there are specific hardware enhancements, as well as a strict adherence to the ASIO specification that ASIO4ALL does not provide.

also the ability to use more than 1 audio driver/card is COMPLETELY outside of the ASIO specification...  (i.e. impossible to be compliant)

the ASIO specification calls for all inputs/outputs to be controlled by a singular hardware clock, which is how the accurate latency is reported.

I can see now that it is a language problem here GREAT for me means GOOD

American/English is NOT my native language and i´ve learn it from watching many TV-shows Movies & reading the lyrics and thank you notes on old Vinyl LP covers in school i was not so interrested to learn ANYTHING hence my spelling/grammar problems..

Anyway i belive what is GREAT for you probably means SUPERB or BRILLIANT for me..

But your right it is NOT "great" it is GOOD.