Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is there a way to adjust the AUX Input level?

mileskb

I thought I could bypass the signal paths with AUX?    Generally I just bring w

No, but provided you're not clipping Helix's A/D, you could place a Volume/Pan > Mono > Gain block at the very beginning of the signal path.

I thought the AUX bypassed the traditional paths.     I'm doing some A/B of effects that are a bit complex and while I normally just bring my "AUX" in on Path #2, I'm getting to the point where some of my Patches are on both Paths.   I guess I could stick it in at the end, but was really hoping to not have to add a block every time.

I've also had luck "amplifying" the Aux input by using the LA Studio preamp as an early Block. Its got several parameters that you can use to boost the gain. Or, you use an analog preamp to boost your signal before you plug in.

I've also had luck "amplifying" the Aux input by using the LA Studio preamp as an early Block. Its got several parameters that you can use to boost the gain. Or, you use an analog preamp to boost your signal before you plug in.

I run a GR-20 into the Aux input for synth sounds on some patches. Generally I run it into a gain block (for on/off switching) then a JC120 amp/cab and reverb, seems to work pretty well.

In both of these it requires

A - Adding a block to each preset (not that terrible)

B - Having room to add the bock...  (this gets a little sticky as it seems my favorite patches use both paths.).

I have found adding a return block at the very end of the 2nd path to be the quickest-ish.

In the end, I may just go ahead and run the Helix and my Laptop Audio into a small mixer.  Where I'm running into the issue is playing a backing tracking and looking for the best patch to go along with it.    I could hook up a 2nd sound system, but then listening via headphones is out...  so... a small mixer I will get.

There is a suggestion in ideascape to be able to route the inputs directly to outputs, but until that happens...  a mixer is what I will use.

Hey...  I found one thing I can't do with the helix alone... I'll live.