Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wah and Expression Pedal

Marrissey

Hi everyone

I have done a patch with the Matchless amp clean and assigned the EXP2 as a expression pedal to change the Volume, Gain, Bass, Treble. Then I assigned EXP1 to the wah.

I would like to have the possibility to use the wah with the Matchless clean, but everytime I hit the wah (assigned to toe control) the sound gets dirty because the Amp parameters change, following the EXP2 assignment. I tried to assign the on/off of the wah to a footswitch, but it doesn't work. Can you help me please? Thank you

if you only want to switch between an A/B setting of the amp have you tried putting all the matchless changes on a foot switch or do you use settings inbetween?

The reason the wah isn't working with the foot switch is that the button on the expression pedal doesn't turn it on/off, it switches between exp 1/2. So when you hit the regular foot switch it is activating the wah but the parameter is assigned to the wrong exp pedal and your still on the exp pedal that has the amp settings. if that makes any sense

To get around this I would either try to set the A/B foot switch like I mentioned earlier or get a second expression pedal to assign it to.