Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Going to buy a Helix tonight...

BuckeyeTodd

Yes, about $1000 difference...  :D

Can't really say anything bad about the 500X, as I think it's still a great deal, but the Helix is even a better deal even if it costs 3X as more. The Helix is just kind of on a different level. The whole package is just extremely fun to use. It's one of the most fun pieces of gear I've used in a long time. Editing and creating tones is a breeze, and there really is not much of a learning curve, especially coming from the HD series.

You will not regret it. Amazing unit. You will notice the amp response right away compaired to the HD. Amazing unit, had it a week and useded it with my band last Satyrday night. Most fun I have had in a while at a gig. Been twicking it all week for tomorrows gig can't wait. My sound guy loves it. Enjoy!

Strong advice to not try to replicate the settings from HD500X. I made this mistake. You'll spend a lot of time and it won't work. You'll be really unhappy with the sound and you'll wonder if you should have put out the money. Instead, start from scratch. You'll get awesome results much faster and learn the unique capabilities of the unit.

One thing that will happen if you try to use it the same way as HD500X and like a lot of multi-amp tones with lots of effects is you'll feel like you run out of DSP much faster. Get used to how you can use both Path 1&2 together to get as much horsepower as HD500X. Something that will catch you off guard is it is much better at detecting internally when you've used up all DSP and options will be "greyed out" as "unselectable" which means you don't have enough DSP left on that path. Learn how to daisy chain the two paths together to be able to use as many blocks as you may be used to.