Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Volume/Pan Position Not Actual

FishTail

I tend to use the Exp2 for Volume/Pan as a master volume when live. When I switch between patches, the volume parameter is at whatever position the patch was Saved as, NOT the actual position of the pedal. So if I heel down to take volume to 0%, and then switch to a new patch that was saved with the Volume parameter at 100%, the volume is up even though the pedal is down. This is infuriating, especially if changing out guitars on stage and you want to be sure the volume is down.

Alternatively, if the patch is Saved with the volume parameter at 0%, and I switch patches mid-song with the pedal up (toe), I have to rock the pedal down and up to get the volume up.

It didn't work this way with previous HD500 and PODs. Is there a way to fix this? Can you make the patch read the actual position of the pedal?

There is global setting that was added in one of the firmware updates that should provide the behavior you want.

Menu button -> Global Settings -> Footswitches

Expression pedal position: Per preset or Global.

There is global setting that was added in one of the firmware updates that should provide the behavior you want.

Menu button -> Global Settings -> Footswitches

Expression pedal position: Per preset or Global.

Thank you! That did it. I would not have found that on my own. Felling much better :)