Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Crackling 150

Gareth1

So, my amplifi 150 is crackling. I've tried everything to sort it out, new power lead, reset to factory etc, but still it fizzes and crackles. It isn't noticeable when I'm playing, but just when I'm not playing or I'm listening to music quietly thru it, there it is! Amp is on a hardwood floor, there's nothing around to create static etc, so it's not that.

Anyone have any ideas?

if it is crackling without a guitar plugged in, then perhaps you have noise in your A/C line that is making its way into the amp.   Do you have a UPS you could try plugging your amp into, then the UPS into the wall, and see if the crackling diminishes?  Many companies sell power line filters to remove AC noise, but many times a UPS filters well enough to see if that is a problem.

My first 150 (new) had this problem in the upper left speaker.  Nothing in the input, nothing connected to Bluetooth, all amp controls set to zero/min.  I tried several outlets in the house. Always upper left speaker; I guessed loose connection.  Is your crackle from the same location?

I was able to return it for a (new) replacement.  The seller must have agreed with me, as I had no issue getting a replacement.  No issues with the new replacement 150.

• 3 weeks later...

sorry for the delay.... i'm at a bit of a loss as to where it actually is in the amp. It may be that the mains feed is dodgy (old house!) I'll keep trying! thanks for your assistance guys! In other news, I've ordered a Helix & an L2M which are coming at the end of this month, so my Amplifi woes will not be around for long once I start playing around with that! I'll get back to my Amplifi after I've explored my new toys!

thanks again! 

• 2 weeks later...

thank you for this.... it somehow managed to sort itself out! very odd! I'm not using any foot controller, i just run it from my ipad. i shall keep an eye on it, & hopefully itll be just fine now.