Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pedal Edit Mode - new friend

jpdennis

Has anyone been using Pedal Edit mode a lot?  Seems to be the way to go for fine tuning while playing.  Thanks to Digital Igloo for his pinned info.  I just keep going back and re-reading then applying so I can retain.

I am also finding that using the amps, preamps, and cabs seem to have me relying less on distortion and getting better sound by merely rolling the guitars vol & tone knobs while using pick attack for pushing the limit or sweetening the clean sound.

Hmm, the more I learn the more I learn :rolleyes:

Dennis

You like the pre amps better than the full amps?

"For the Frank in you" ;)  ... I am working on using some of the blocks between amp & cab as opposed to before or after.  Same with the gain stage of the pre-amp.  After building some presets over the past month or so that I have had the Helix I went back to the drawing board and scraped my presets for a new way of thinking.  That is when I discovered the "Pedal Edit" mode that allows me to test my ideas as well as hear what adjustments to any and all of the blocks as I play.  I am finding this feature more useful than even the editor (no I did not blaspheme - I like the editor too just it has become my number 3 like)

Dennis

I love the pedal edit mode as well.  It beats the hell out of putting a looper at the start of the chain so I can hear the changes as I make them.

+1 DarrellM5 - that is what I am talking about.  Even with the Editor or the on the board adjustments the Pedal Edit mode lets me play and test at the same time.  You just gotta love the Line 6 team for thinking of this ads well as DI for telling us. :ph34r:

Dennis

• 3 years later...