Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Path B GONE!

rd2rk

I seem to have lost input/output in path B. I'm using xlr outs to a mixer and by cable swapping I've determined that both mixer channels work, both POD xlr outs. work. No matter what I do with the POD mixer settings, no path B.

Reflashed, did factory reset, no joy.

Any ideas before I go to support??

Hmmm is this on all patches? What about the 1/4" outs? Are you running any stereo fx that are hard panned?

And when you say you have lost "input" for path B are you saying there is no input for a separate path? 

Only things I could suggest off the top of my head are double check the input settings, stereo FX and mixer panning.

I seem to have lost input/output in path B. I'm using xlr outs to a mixer and by cable swapping I've determined that both mixer channels work, both POD xlr outs. work. No matter what I do with the POD mixer settings, no path B.

Reflashed, did factory reset, no joy.

Any ideas before I go to support??

Same here...  I have never heard of this happening? Is this happening in the HD edit program or on the device? Is this issue on all patches or just 1?  Just gathering information.

Also, if you have a screen shot that might help us troubleshoot it better.

Simple stuff

Global: input 1 guitar

Input 2 variax

Path a - delay panned hard left

Path b - reverb panned hard right

Pre split - pan pedal

Guitar split with ABY. Out a to amp input, out b to pod input.

Xlr left to external mixer CH 1

Xlr right to external mixer CH 2

Amp fx send to external mixer CH 3

External mixer all channels panned hard right, right out to amp fx return.

Pretty obvious what I'm trying to do. Keep my distorted tube pre analog and mix it with clean digital reverb and delay over which I have maximum static and dynamic control before returning the mixed signal to the tube amp's power section.

I never use edit except as as a batch patch manager, less annoying and faster to edit patches on the pod itself.

I never use dual amp setups, so I loaded up one of meambobo's excellent rigs, same problem.

Keep thinking I've missed something simple. Have I?

I am assuming you have only got a guitar connected to the Pod. Correct?

What happens when you set Input 1 to Variax and Input 2 to Guitar on Pod?  (I think you will now lose sound from Path A)

What happens when you set Input 1 to Guitar and Input 2 to SAME on Pod?​  (I think you will now have sound from both Path A and Path B  )

See this thread about the routing...

http://line6.com/support/topic/2033-pod-hd-500-500x-new-routing-schematics/

The important part is that Input 1 takes the top path only (A) and Input 2 takes the bottom path only (B ) unless something else gets in the way to change it.  That something can be a mono effect but not stereo if you want the Input 1 to reach path B (Pan is Stereo).

To get sound out of both sides either: Change Input 2 to be Guitar or Same or add a Mono Effect such as a noise gate.

List of Effects Mono/Stereo properties:

http://line6.com/support/page/kb/_/pod/pod-hd/stereomono-fx-list-for-pod-hd-r567

• Upvote 5

I figured out the problem, it was something simple. My original setup - noisegate pre-split, delay path A, reverb path B, pan pedal post split - was correct and was working fine. The problem was that the spring reverb default mix (15%),combined with the 6db loss, wasn't noticeable, even though the external mixer was set to unity gain. Turned up the mix setting on the reverb and BINGO! Reverb! I probably, as a first troubleshooting step, took out the noisegate and swapped the pan pedal to pre-split, which then cut out path B completely. Thanks, rewolf, for reminding me about that signal routing thread. Don't know why meambobo's preset didn't work. Probably by the time I got around to that I'd so confused myself that I'd turned off the channel on the external mixer and didn't notice?

Anyhow, thanks all!

Haha. I had recognized this, too. Playing through MeAmBobbo's setlist, there was one single patch, which was nearly complete silent (maybe 1 % could be heard (or even not, could have been just imagination)). But at the time I had checked his patches , I didn't even care and got forward to the next patch.

Maybe I will reload his setlist and give it a try again just for clarification.