Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Show Us Your Helix Rig Setup

glorioso

I am using the helix floor to control the rack and channel switching on both heads. This setup is very flexible and sounds killer. Minus a couple things I had to develop work a rounds for it is perfect.attachicon.gifimage.jpegattachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Can you tell more about how to use Helix floor to control Helix rack? 

Erhmmm I think then I misunderstood. Thought you where using the Helix floor unit to remote control your Helix rack, as if it were a Helix Rack foot controller. This is why I asked. :D

Thanks anyway. :)

Erhmmm I think then I misunderstood. Thought you where using the Helix floor unit to remote control your Helix rack, as if it were a Helix Rack foot controller. This is why I asked. :D

Thanks anyway. :)

I am using the helix floor unit to control the helix rack along with the amp heads. I also have a helix control but am not using it. As far as getting the helix floor unit to control everything it is simple to do for some things but tricky for others. It took me quit a bit of thought to get it working well.

• 2 weeks later...

My Current Rig - I Finally had to bite the bullet on the Helix.  Had the M9 and the POD HD500. 

post-464085-0-43024600-1469054709_thumb.jpg

post-464085-0-10609000-1469054728_thumb.jpg

Loving the sound out of the Helix.  I don't use it for Amps - but the effects are slick and the dynamic range of the unit is RIDICULOUS.  Loving it.  I'm having some issues with noise, and other things but that's all part of the learning a new unit.

Cheers,

• Upvote 1

My Current Rig - I Finally had to bite the bullet on the Helix.  Had the M9 and the POD HD500. 

attachicon.gifIMG_5565.JPG

attachicon.gifIMG_5566.JPG

Loving the sound out of the Helix.  I don't use it for Amps - but the effects are slick and the dynamic range of the unit is RIDICULOUS.  Loving it.  I'm having some issues with noise, and other things but that's all part of the learning a new unit.

Cheers,

Just got my helix setup last nite.  I'm also running it through a Orange Rockerverb 50 mkii (looks like you have the iii) and Marshall 4x12.  

Funny, I also have that same Les Paul. ;)

Using just the effects loop now to try out sounds and many of the presets sound great going through it.  Some sound better taking out the cab(s).  Will experiment more and setup the 4cm.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone knows on the smallest pre-wired board like the Trailer Trash that you just have to connect 2 cables  [power & audio] on the side and that's that?

I'm looking for something like that for the Helix

Does it exist?

Links?

Pictures?

thanks,

CJ

At minimum, don't you need power in, guitar in, and at least one audio out to your stage rig? Plus probably an XLR or two out to the PA?

That's exactly what I meant zooey

My show is a one man band type and don't need to get to fancy either

Power, GTR input and stereo out should be more than enough

Any pics or links would be appreciated 

thanks,

CJ

Anyone knows on the smallest pre-wired board like the Trailer Trash that you just have to connect 2 cables [power & audio] on the side and that's that?

I'm looking for something like that for the Helix

Does it exist?

Links?

Pictures?

thanks,

CJ

Pedal Pad has some nice options. Different sizes, tolex and selectable connection types and locations.

Their $269 Phat III board looks about perfect for Helix and an expression pedal at 28" x 18". Helix w/ cables plugged in and my Mission Exp pedal on the side is 26" x 14".

http://www.pedalpad.com/products/pedal-boards#!/PHAT-III-Hinged-Pedal-Surface-w-accessible-compartment/p/27578297/category=6472051

360857370.jpg

360857373.jpg

360857394.jpg

Pedal Pad has some nice options. Different sizes, tolex and selectable connection types and locations.

Their $269 Phat III board looks about perfect for Helix and an expression pedal at 28" x 18". Helix w/ cables plugged in and my Mission Exp pedal on the side is 26" x 14".

http://www.pedalpad.com/products/pedal-boards#!/PHAT-III-Hinged-Pedal-Surface-w-accessible-compartment/p/27578297/category=6472051

360857370.jpg

360857373.jpg

360857394.jpg

That's pretty much what I'm looking for Roscoe5,

I need a leave in case for the Helix

Any other cases for the Helix you might recommend?

cheers,

CJ

That's pretty much what I'm looking for Roscoe5,

I need a leave in case for the Helix

Any other cases for the Helix you might recommend?

cheers,

CJ

Trailer Trash and Pedal Pad are the only two I have laid hands on.  There are some custom ones out there too that could cover your needs I think.

I've had Pedal Pad boards for 10+ years starting with the original MKS Pedal Pad XL with the rack ears accessory.  The company is awesome.  When the Pedal Pad lite came out that was the same footprint but lighter wood and bag case, I called them and asked if I could just get the shell and bag since the aluminum pads, patch bay, and power supply were the same.  They said sure and really hooked me up on the price.  So I would say they have great customer service too.

51DFAA6A-03C9-4F3F-9B60-D1833993ABDC.jpg

The Red Dirt is probably going to get replaced by an RC Booster but this is the final product as far as I'm concerned!

I'm considering a pedalboard/case for my Helix. Yours looks like the size I was considering, and it looks like it has a hard case top. What board is this?

• Upvote 1

Trailer Trash and Pedal Pad are the only two I have laid hands on.  There are some custom ones out there too that could cover your needs I think.

I've had Pedal Pad boards for 10+ years starting with the original MKS Pedal Pad XL with the rack ears accessory.  The company is awesome.  When the Pedal Pad lite came out that was the same footprint but lighter wood and bag case, I called them and asked if I could just get the shell and bag since the aluminum pads, patch bay, and power supply were the same.  They said sure and really hooked me up on the price.  So I would say they have great customer service too.

So far is the Pedal Pad upfront 

Really like the hinged floor that I can lift and fix/hide anything etc...

Just want to house the Helix permanently with side connectors and go.

I use a Varian so wondering if they can have a Variax connector on the side as well....

Maybe make a mini snake with all cables...or going full wireless and hide an extra Variax battery underneath? Hmmm

CJ

• 3 weeks later...

Helix

Loop 1 - EB Jr to boss SY-300

Loop 2 - Tube Screamer

Loop 3 - Strymon Big Sky

Loop 4 (input only) - return out from SY-4300

Output is XLR to FOH and 1/4" to a PA speaker for monitoring

(and the image is upside down for some reason.)

-Edit: It's actually right-side-up now, I'm not sure why, though.20160822_062045141_iOS_zpshninfrfg.jpg

Edited by rzumwalt
  • Upvote 2

Cheers,

N7? I love it!

• Upvote 1

Cheers,

Ooh, I see the Line 6 M9 on there. How is that working out with MIDI for you?  

I've thought about bringing in my M5 for the effects that Helix doesnt have yet. It would be nice if we could tempo clock sync the Helix and M5/9/13.

Ooh, I see the Line 6 M9 on there. How is that working out with MIDI for you?  

I've thought about bringing in my M5 for the effects that Helix doesnt have yet. It would be nice if we could tempo clock sync the Helix and M5/9/13.

The M9 is fantastic as a supplement to the Helix. I use it exactly as you said - for all the fx that aren't yet in the helix itself. I use it in a loop that's constantly on - another loop does the 4cm to my Rockerverb.

I don't use the Midi because I actually like to have more buttons to push on the fly.

• 3 weeks later...

Helix

Loop 1 - EB Jr to boss SY-300

Loop 2 - Tube Screamer

Loop 3 - Strymon Big Sky

Loop 4 (input only) - return out from SY-4300

Output is XLR to FOH and 1/4" to a PA speaker for monitoring

(and the image is upside down for some reason.)

-Edit: It's actually right-side-up now, I'm not sure why, though.20160822_062045141_iOS_zpshninfrfg.jpg

rzumwalt, I have experienced some lag and loss of tone out of my boss sy-300 when i use it in the helix effects loop. Have you had any problems such as this? Is there any advice or tricks you could share on this subject.

Thanks !!

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

My current (and very simple) setup.

Just my Helix with an ASM-12 and my new awesome Skelter tele : killer tones.

rig.jpg

I've got a ton of gear at home. It's pretty useless now but i'm really happy because with this pretty straightforward rig i play a lot of music, instead of tweaking a lot... 

post-45902-0-78785300-1474819747_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 6 months later...