Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Show Us Your Helix Rig Setup

glorioso

24 minutes ago, soundog said:

It's a little hard to find my Helix in there, but look close and you will see it....

F862BUIFXA2Z5BG.LARGE.jpg

... by the way, if you're interested in the light blue trousers our drummer is wearing, they are for sale. 

So, some questions. Just for curiosities sake so don't feel any major obligation to answer.

1 Do you use everything, at one time or another, in one of your average gigs?

2 What kinds/types/styles of music do you perform that you can use all of that.

3 How long does it take to setup (or is it just in someplace permanently).

27 minutes ago, brue58ski said:

So, some questions. Just for curiosities sake so don't feel any major obligation to answer.

1 Do you use everything, at one time or another, in one of your average gigs?

2 What kinds/types/styles of music do you perform that you can use all of that.

3 How long does it take to setup (or is it just in someplace permanently).

I have these same questions and one more:

4 How does Helix factor into this rig? Is all of that in the loops or is Helix just another “pedal” in the chain?

Assuming that isn’t a joke, I would really just be interested to hear all about that rig.

I must confess that my photo was fake news. That's not really our drummer, his pants are not really for sale, and there's not really a Helix in the bunch. 

Truth: the photo is from coverage of a 2009 world's record (147 stomp boxes). Here is the site with more photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/7297852@N05/sets/72157621596146152/

From the associated blog: "Event organizer, Aljon Go mentions, 'It started out as a laugh. Now it’s become a reality. I just wanted to push the technology as far as it could go and see how insane it can get. This extraordinary pedalboard is far from practical, but every pedal is operational.'"

17 hours ago, soundog said:

I must confess that my photo was fake news. That's not really our drummer, his pants are not really for sale, and there's not really a Helix in the bunch. 

Truth: the photo is from coverage of a 2009 world's record (147 stomp boxes). Here is the site with more photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/7297852@N05/sets/72157621596146152/

From the associated blog: "Event organizer, Aljon Go mentions, 'It started out as a laugh. Now it’s become a reality. I just wanted to push the technology as far as it could go and see how insane it can get. This extraordinary pedalboard is far from practical, but every pedal is operational.'"

Is there any audio?  :D

• 10 months later...
On 6/9/2019 at 7:51 AM, donrizzi said:

F271A917-69DF-4006-AB21-BA43295E3510.jpeg

Looks great with that Temple Audio board. I've always wondered what a good solution would be to power the Helix on a board, do you mind sharing what you're using and how you have it all plugged in?

• 2 years later...
On 5/1/2016 at 7:18 PM, DarthHollis said:

It's Road Cases USA 32x16.  I sometimes wonder if the extra $40 for wheels and suitcase handle would have been worth it.  It weighs about 50lbs.

That's not a wah pedal, it's the Mission expression pedal that is built specifically for Line 6 stuff.  It has a much more real feel for whammy and wah effects.  I can't use it for wah, just because of having to switch it on with the other switches but it works great.

Dead old post but.... You can set the wah to activate when you move the pedal from 0 upwards..