Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Hd500x Mapping Program Changes To Strymon Timeline

catfly

I am trying to map program changes sent to the Timeline. Currently the Timeline sees 1-to-1 from the Pod, meaning as I step through my Pod presets the Timeline will follow sequentially. I don't want to have to match the position of the Timeline's presets to that of any given Pod Playlist that I'll be using for live performance - I'd like to map each Pod preset to a Timeline preset by sending a simple program change. I have followed the POD Advanced User Guide to the letter, but it persists in sending program changes to the Timeline sequentially. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks in advance for any help!

• 1 month later...

The 500X's MIDI map is what it is... It can't be changed. What you could do, and I know it's not quite as elegant, is to make it so the TimeLine and HD500X are set to different MIDI channels, and then in side your presets in the HD500X program a footswitch to send whatever PC message (on whatever channel you have the TimeLine set to) you need. As long as two devices are set to different channels, you won't have to worry about the HD500X sending messages you don't want the TimeLine to respond to.

The 500X's MIDI map is what it is... It can't be changed. What you could do, and I know it's not quite as elegant, is to make it so the TimeLine and HD500X are set to different MIDI channels, and then in side your presets in the HD500X program a footswitch to send whatever PC message (on whatever channel you have the TimeLine set to) you need. As long as two devices are set to different channels, you won't have to worry about the HD500X sending messages you don't want the TimeLine to respond to.

in other words....the pod HDs (and every line6 product for this matter) are complete trash in the MIDI  department !!! (the only way to use the midi function its like a very basic,outdated and simple midi controller)

I had to sell my beloved HD500 because he could not do send midi PC messages mapping to a nova drive pedal !!!! (nova drive only 18 presets so the midi mapping was mandatory in order to integrate the nova drive)