Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A positive experience for a change

thogue182

I've had my amplifi for almost a year now and I check this webpage every so often to see if anything new has happened but it tends to be more complaints and unpleasant experiences being posted than anything else. I just wanted to throw my opinion out there of this actually being a decent amp to play with. I use an IPhone and haven't had issues connecting with Bluetooth like I constantly see people talking about. The tone matching system isn't the best but it generally gets you pretty close to the sound you want. I just bought a Marshall jcm 2000 and 4x12 cab that blows the amplifi out of the water but for a 1/4 of the price I will highly recommend this for anyone looking for a fun amp to mess around with

I agree. Mine has been a good fun practice amp with no major issues. I find the inbuilt factory default tones are largely ordinary and need tweaking and that user created cloud tones are often worse (!). However, it's easy to create your own and make them sound pretty good. Ease of use and easy to create tones are the big pluses for the amplifi for me.

I use mine with an iPad and the only issue I have with connectivity is when I switch between apps on the iPad (especially changing to a metronome app I use) it can lose the connection to the amplifi sometimes, but it's nothing that can't be fixed by just removing the app from the iPad task switcher and restarting it. On the positive side, because it connects all audio through the amplifi, the sound of my metronome app will play through the amplifi while I practice. I haven't had any problems with connectivity when I just have the amplifi app open and don't switch to other apps.

A metronome function in the amplifi app would solve my issue and would be a welcome addition (hint hint to Line 6 if they read this)

• 2 weeks later...

Same here, nothing but positive experiences with my FX100 (owned it for over a year, purchased new); and my 150 (purchased new, owned it for several weeks).

I'd like to be able to use the 150 as an amp, bypassing the modeling and using the FX100 modeling. 

:)  http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Line-level-input-to-use-AMPLIFi-as-amp-for-other-modelers/820470-23508