Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod X3 Pro FX Loop wont stay on when switching tones

stevedodd

Hey all.

Just got a POD X3 Pro after having one many years ago.

I'm trying to set up a rhythm / solo mode by using Tone 1 for rhythm and Tone 2 for solo. I'm using a Mesa Triaxis in the loop so amps are turned off.

The problem is, no matter what I seem to do the FX loop is only ever "on" on one tone? So if its on using tone 1 and I switch to tone 2 its now off, switch it on in tone 2 then go back to tone 1 and its off again.

Anyone know why I cant seem to get the FX loop to stay on for both tones?

Driving me nuts, cant remember having this problem before.

Cheers

I've been using the fx loop too. It only works on one path at a time so I use the same settings on tone 2 for the fx loop and different settings for the guitar on tone 1. Then I just copy that to the next channel. For example 1A to 1B then adjust tone one (guitar) as needed. So when I switch channels my drum machine (fx loop, tone 2) stats the same. Works ok for me.

If there's a way to make the fx loop work on both channels at the same time I don't know about it.

Hi and thanks for the reply.

Problem is I'm not using amp modelling, so without the fx loop on I would have to have all effects in front of the preamp.

I'm playing around with a POD HD PRO as well and having more success (apart from the huge lack of effect blocks) a pain when your needing volume/panning/wah/fx loop/boost, 5 blocks gone before adding dist/delay/mod/verb, I'm always one short.