Sign in to follow this  
roscoe5

Re-amped Helix HX Cabs IR's

Ok, so since I have been capturing both software, hardware, and hybrid IR's, I decided to bring it back home to Helix and do a little experiment.

Attached is an IR of a Helix HX Cab Cali 412, 57 Dynamic, 1" Distance re-amped with my real Recto.

An interesting workflow may be to get a preset with the Helix HX cab(s) 90% of the way there, then get an IR of the cab(s) re-amped with the similar style real tube amp. 

Might be able to replace dual/two cab blocks with a single IR.  I'll need to test that.

I may post some other Marshall 800 and Plexi styles for Thursday.

Recto_Cali412_1i57_hx.wav

I may have a little job for you :-)

My post (no replies so far!) here: http://line6.com/support/topic/20091-patches-for-helix-power-amp-guitar-cab/included some speculation about an IR that you could use to dial in a live sound that would then be used (without the IR) through an actual guitar cab. Does this require the magical exact modelling of a particular cab and microphone combination, or would a more generic approach pay off along the lines of old school speaker emulation?

Doubtless this is not the best way to go about things, however you appear to be an experimenter by nature who likes pushing the envelope so I wondered whether you might have any ideas/input?

I may have a little job for you :-)

My post (no replies so far!) here: http://line6.com/support/topic/20091-patches-for-helix-power-amp-guitar-cab/included some speculation about an IR that you could use to dial in a live sound that would then be used (without the IR) through an actual guitar cab. Does this require the magical exact modelling of a particular cab and microphone combination, or would a more generic approach pay off along the lines of old school speaker emulation?

Doubtless this is not the best way to go about things, however you appear to be an experimenter by nature who likes pushing the envelope so I wondered whether you might have any ideas/input?

I replied back to your original post with a couple of questions about your live rig.