Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

No Audio While Trying To Record With Mic In Cubase And Podfarm Or Just Messing Around In Pod Farm 2.5

I am using a UX1 which works perfectly fine for my guitar and recording in cubase for my guitar but now I am trying to record JUST vocals, my guitar isn't even plugged in and I can't figure out how to set it up I use Asio4all in cubase and can't even find VTS autobay in that to operate what I have found in so many things...but that's not the main problem (even though it is a problem.) I can't even get any audio in Pod Farm 2.5 I did what was suggested in one forum but it did nothing (simply opening the mixer...which doesn't sound like it would fix any problem)

No I do not have a phantom power mic,

so there should be literally no problem, but I understand it's obviously not plug and play like using a guitar.

Help with cubase would be a godsend,

but help with just being able to work with my mic in pod farm would be awesome and much appreciated.

thank you,

DSH

I perfert Asio4all, I can never get the line6 divers to work when I uninstall asio4all to do that, I got the mic to work with podfarm but I still can't get it to work with cubase because it doesn't give me the option of changing the input to mic from instrument at all, the mixer doesn't even have that portion 2wovy28.png and in case that doesn't work http://tinypic.com/r/2wovy28/5 even when I remove the other podfarms from inserts it doesn't help me fix the problem. because that section just doesn't exist

as well, when I just now deleted asio4all, which is all that seems to work, I can't get my mic to work with the mic settings at all on podfarm in cubase, but it makes a hell of a noise with the guitar settings but no vocal audio either way. which I can't even get my guitar to play through because none of the choices in vts connections work... so your advice doesn't really help.

can't say that I do... but i would try other mics and cables... look for any trim settings or any sort of "+20db" type booster settings.

Oh I thought you were a support guy, I figured there were some in here...Hope they can help me. do you have any idea what would cause the mic to give feedback in cubase and podfarm (even though it works in standalone) but not give any mic sound at all?

Oh I thought you were a support guy, I figured there were some in here...Hope they can help me. do you have any idea what would cause the mic to give feedback in cubase and podfarm (even though it works in standalone) but not give any mic sound at all?

Can you please elaborate on this?

btw, Zap IS a support guy, I've seen him support a wall ALL DAY LONG!!  :lol: 

not really, but I'm cracking myself up nonetheless!!

The mic works when In standalone which is pretty simple, but when in cubase I get boosted feedback from having the mic plugged in and external mic selected in stereo input, but I get no mic audio, the mic works fine, it's something that is going on with cubase or with podfarm in cubase. Or something isn't set up properly at all. I get levels but not when I talk into it just from the signal being boosted.

The sends are in POD Farm's mixer view.

I haven't used Cubase in years, so it might be called something different.

For example, in Reaper I select Line6 ASIO as my device and enable all 4 sends in the prefences.

Then when I arm a track to record I have available mono input 1,2,3, or 4 or stereo 1-2, 2-3, 3-4.

Clear as mud, right?

So it may be Cubase names them something else.

You'd be surprised how much i actually get done... 

i'm a multi-tasking ninja  :ph34r:

Probably support close to 2000 clients everyday!

telecommuting has it;s benefits.

The sends are in POD Farm's mixer view.

I haven't used Cubase in years, so it might be called something different.

For example, in Reaper I select Line6 ASIO as my device and enable all 4 sends in the prefences.

Then when I arm a track to record I have available mono input 1,2,3, or 4 or stereo 1-2, 2-3, 3-4.

Clear as mud, right?

So it may be Cubase names them something else.

alright so I'm obviously using the wrong asio, I tried the "full duplex driver" because no one explained the one to use, and that seemed to work a little for me, so just mono all the sends or set them up in stereo or set up a few in stereo and a few in mono, do you know what sends go to what ports? as in 1-2 are used for guitar port and 3-4 are used for mic port? giving this a shot

but now when I switch over the mic is the only thing that works...this is not good, I can't get it to switch over to the guitar at all and the digital audio interface only uses the mic now... I tried unplugging it to no avail, and I am unsure what else to do to get it to work....this is just getting worse and worse.

No I have to go into control panel in the in device setup>vts audiosystem> ASIO ux1 and change the inputs & recording input to instrument from mic, it's preset is the mic, but I got it figured out. It doesn't allow me to change it in pod farm actually which is change the input that way, which is less easy but whatever still works the same.