Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

G10 responds to movement/does it fall out?

emoney84

I have my g10 on preorder but I'm a little concerned because it looks like it would be very bottom heavy and I'm wondering if it will put strain on the input jack and/or possibly fall out when dancing or moving around?  How stable is this thing performance wise? 

I am pretty sure, Line6 has tested these before putting the device into the market  :ph34r:

I am confident they have but I've heard Line 6 people say they recommend it for home use.  Maybe its not intended to be moved around with a lot.  This is what I'm asking.  I play in a wedding band and I am frequently jumping and dancing around like a cheese ball all night haha.  I need to know if it will hold up or just fall out.

I have my g10 on preorder but I'm a little concerned because it looks like it would be very bottom heavy and I'm wondering if it will put strain on the input jack and/or possibly fall out when dancing or moving around?  How stable is this thing performance wise? 

Congrats on the G10. As from experience and testing the G10 I can assure you that this will not happen with the transmitter. The G10 was designed with this in mind giving a robust yet light transmitter. 

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts!

• Upvote 1

Good to hear Nick, thats very encouraging to hear!

I even tested this by slamming a guitar on a table while the G10 was plugged in, seeing if the inertia of the slam would knock out the transmitter, which it didn't at all. Just ended up with a dented guitar -thankfully its a tester ;)  

• 3 weeks later...

Dents or distress? I dunno, the Fender custom shop makes a killing banging up new guitars and selling them for way too much Money!

Question

Can you have mutiple transmitters on one receiver? You know... One runs out of charge, you pop in another and keep the party rockin!

I used my G10 for the first time last weekend and think it is an excellent piece of equipment, no danger of it falling out. So pleased with it I have just ordered another one and will sell off two of my G30's and just keep one G30 as a spare.