Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

I plugged mistakin ly plugged in my variax 300 ether net cable...

Check the pins in the VDI jack on your Variax 300. If you see any that are bent, fashion a small J-hook out of a plastic tie/wrap that you have lying around the house. Use it to gently straighten the bent pins.If the VDI jack on the Variax 300 is too badly damaged this won't work and you will need to take it in for servicing.

Then use a VDI-type cable with the protective housing on the end to connect to the Variax 300 in the future. This is exactly why the special cables should be used. It will prevent such damage in the future.

Does the Varaix 300 still work if powered by batteries and you use the 1/4" output jack?

Like someone said, just bend the pins out a bit. I had to do that with my 600 because it would loose connection if you pulled the VDI out as far as it'll go when locked in.

Does it work via 1/4?

If not, you might of fried something when connecting it...

Sounds to me like you may have fried your Variax 300. One of the pins in the VDI (ethernet) connection is used to power the Variax when connected to a Line 6-compatible device. If that pin is also involved with power on your DuoVerb (or even if not) then it is very possible that you shocked your Variax to death.

You should open a support ticket with Line 6:

http://line6.com/support/tickets/add.html

EDIT:  OK - on looking at the DuoVerb I see it can be connected to an FBV floorboard, and provides power to it. Very likely, since they are both Line 6 products, the same pin is used to power the floorboard that is used to power the Variax. Unfortunately they probably have different power requirements.