Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Lots of Ideas in Ideascale still no update

tythom

I've registered for ideascale earlier this morning, and received an acceptance a few minutes ago. I went on the page and searched for the Firehawk FX, to my surprise there was 116 ideas for improvements to the FH. Some of them were already implimented on the FH. However the suggestions i had, have been repeated 2 or 3 times and we still havent received any update to FH itself. This is very important to me, as i chose this device because i thought it would be the same as the POD HD500X. I depend a lot on my tone, and this device is restricting its users from gaining their desired. I know this might not be the case for everyone, because its a very awesome device. But im asking for the firehawk community's voice to address this situation and get an update. These update include:

1. Placing more than one reverb in the line up

2. Being able to have a more effective looper

3. Adding loopers to more than one pedal

4. Assigning mods in all footswitches instead of just FS1-FS5

Please, if you want to have a better firehawk fx, help me to get the other Line 6 user aware and also go on ideascale and vote for these ideas.

... This is very important to me, as i chose this device because i thought it would be the same as the POD HD500X.....

Firehawk was never designed to be the same as, or a replacement for, the HD500X. Don't know why you thought it was. Perhaps you should sell Firehawk and get a POD HD500X.

Ideascale is used by Line 6 to learn about bugs that need fixing and to get ideas for features and improvements. Bugs are fixed in the current product. New ideas are implemented in current products where they make sense, but are often incorporated into future products. For instance, many of the design features in Helix were first proposed as enhancements to the POD HD product line.

So, yes - everyone who has ideas for improvements to Firehawk should use Ideascale to suggest the ideas. But don't expect that every suggestion will be implemented. Some will probably find their way into future Firehawk firmware updates. But others, like the points you list, are likely never going to be added to Firehawk - it would require a complete redesign. And other ideas may appear in new products.

Ok thanks for clearing that up, however; I feel as if though you guys have totally left the firehawk in the shadows. There hasnt been any activity with the firehawk in terms of update for close to a year... besides the app. The focus is only on the Helix. What can be done for the Firehawk?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

...however; I feel as if though you guys have totally left the firehawk in the shadows......

Just so you know, I'm not one of 'you guys'. I am not employed by Line 6; I'm a user participating in these forums on a volunteer basis.

Hence I can't address your concerns.

Also there HAVE been updates, the looper was added after release and improvements to the app have been made, really if you thought it was going to be the same as the hd500 you should have probably read up on it first, to my recollection it was always marketed as an easier alternative to the hd500 without all the bells and whistles.

Don't get me wrong I'd love an update , but I think people who want 2 reverbs simultaneously must be less than 1% of users, you could always look at an alternative solution like running a pedal in the fx loop of the firehawk.

I paid £330 for my firehawk and I honestly think that it's incredible value for money with what's already included

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the reply's. If i wanted single pedals i would have just purchased those instead. What im asking for is just a little more flexibility. Why give us the option to use idea scale if those ideas will be used in a new device instead of ours. Im not trying to be harsh and i am not at all mad or angry. Its just a request. I live all the way in Belize, you guys can easily purchase those stuff at a local store its not that easy for me. I pay maybe three times more to purchase an item like this.

.... Why give us the option to use idea scale if those ideas will be used in a new device instead of ours.....

Because not all ideas are cost-effective or reasonable to implement on current products. Some are feasible and those are often implemented in the current product (like adding a Looper to Firehawk). Some are not feasible and would require a complete product redesign (like adding more instances of certain FX blocks in Firehawk). Those are not implemented in the current product but may appear in later products.

Ok Thanks. I would still hope theres someway these updates can make it on the firehawk. What your telling is not reasonable, u choose to answer only one line within each of my posts n it doesnt make sense. If your not working there and have no idea of the Firehawks programming or capabilities then why are u replying with opinions. I want facts about what can be done to make the firehawk better.

This is just a general observation guys, but you have to remember that every new tech product that comes onto the market is the result of a lot (sometimes years) of research and development.  I am quite sure that the Line 6 team are working on upgrades all the time, but these have to be designed, built, coded and fully tested prior to release.  The looper was probably originally intended as a launch feature, which for whatever reason got delayed...but at least it meant they were able to deliver a killer upgrade early on.  It's an amazing upgrade!  Other upgrades will follow...we just have to be patient.