Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tri-state footswitch?

zooey

Is there any way to have a single footswitch toggle between 3 states, meaning 3 different sets of enabled and disabled blocks, and/or 3 sets of parameter settings? Like for instance, for a distortion block, between disabled, enabled and relatively tame default settings, and enabled with face-melt drive and level settings?

My guess is no, just thought I'd ask instead of assuming that.

Or a "rotative state" switch: state 1, 2, 3, 4, 1, 2, 4, 1,....

That's what I meant.. In my example, click once to get calm distortion, again for face-melt, again, turn it back off.

Not sure what the UI for setting that up would be like though.

While we're talking UI, shoutout for the Helix UI in general, just really awesome. Most things I want to do all the time, and that's a bunch, have some super handy way to get there. Really fluid to work with. Lots of thought and user testing went into this. There's really nothing else like it. Great work, L6!

While we're talking UI, shoutout for the Helix UI in general, just really awesome. Most things I want to do all the time, and that's a bunch, have some super handy way to get there. Really fluid to work with. Lots of thought and user testing went into this. There's really nothing else like it. Great work, L6!

I agree :) I love the Helix.  It's just so wonderfully user friendly.  THANK YOU LINE6.  (even if I complain about niggles sometimes I still love it!)

Is there any way to have a single footswitch toggle between 3 states, meaning 3 different sets of enabled and disabled blocks, and/or 3 sets of parameter settings? Like for instance, for a distortion block, between disabled, enabled and relatively tame default settings, and enabled with face-melt drive and level settings?

My guess is no, just thought I'd ask instead of assuming that.

Not right now but I remember a response a while back from DI that indicates it is possible. I had asked if there was a way for a footswitch to detect two clicks in fast succession (similar to a double-click on a mouse) and he said theoretically the footswitch could detect it. So who knows, maybe at some point either a hold or double-click option will get implemented.