Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod HD500X and Toneport UX1

DarkSlash

I recently bought a POD HD500X and I have a Toneport UX1. How should I use both things? Should I connect the guitar output from the POD to the UX1? Should I use the POD directly from USB and not through UX1? What's is the right way?

I've never used a UX1, but you could certainly hook the HD into that, and then the UX1 into your computer via usb. Not sure if you gain any advantages by doing it that way.

The easiest and simplest way would be to just use the HD as your audio interface through usb. Hook your speakers, or other audio amplification system, to the HD's outputs.

Whatever way works best for you. I guess there is no right or wrong way.

• Upvote 1

I have a UX2 and an HD and TBH I mostly use the HD nowadays. The UX is cool as you can use Pod Farm and its interface but with the HD (if you get the Model Packs) takes care of the XT/X3 amps that PF would get you anyway.

No need to use them together that I can see but as D sez whatever works for you.