Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix as a Two Notes Torpedo cab

alpag

Hi guys,

It amazes me how many different ways the Helix can be used, and still sound great.

So here I'm putting my Marshall JVM1 in 0.1w mode, and the speaker output of the amp into the aux input of the Helix.

The Helix T75 speaker cab was used. Guitar was the Les Paul Traditional.

Btw I hope Line6 release a Marshall JVM amp at some point.

And the reason for doing this is because even in 0.1w mode, I can't use the amp at night for recording. Now its silent with this method and headphones.

See what you think.

Al

https://soundcloud.com/ju287v3/jvm-into-helix-cab-mp3

Sounds killer!  I have a Torpedo Reload, which doesn't have built in speaker sims.   I've been thinking of ways to pump it into the helix and using one of the cabs in case I need to go FOH in a live situation.   I haven't tested it yet, but maybe if I get some time this weekend.   I'm hoping they do a Mesa Mark IV or IIC+ based amp.   Helix has a lot of great amps, but nothing close to my Mark V.

I wondered about the same thing when I read it. I would think if you can drive a speaker in 0.1W mode that would be to much for AUX. Can you drive a speaker with a line level signal. I would think not but I' m electrical engineer.. It sounds risky to me....

The 0.1w on the little Marshall's, is just slightly hotter than line level, so I had the amp on 5 and gain on 4. I got no clipping and it sounded good.

Aux can take line level.

I got the idea from Pete Thorn when he demoed the Helix, and put a 100w amp into it using the Suhr dummy load box, and its line out.

• 6 months later...

Sounds killer!  I have a Torpedo Reload, which doesn't have built in speaker sims.   I've been thinking of ways to pump it into the helix and using one of the cabs in case I need to go FOH in a live situation.   I haven't tested it yet, but maybe if I get some time this weekend.   I'm hoping they do a Mesa Mark IV or IIC+ based amp.   Helix has a lot of great amps, but nothing close to my Mark V.

Just found this and was wondering if you (or anyone else) got a TwoNotes Torpedo Reload and Helix working together? I know the Reload doesnt have speaker sims/IRs built in, but it does come with the "Wall of Sound III" software. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just found this and was wondering if you (or anyone else) got a TwoNotes Torpedo Reload and Helix working together? I know the Reload doesnt have speaker sims/IRs built in, but it does come with the "Wall of Sound III" software. 

No -  ended up selling the Two Notes - ended up getting a Mesa JP-2C with built in cab clone.  While it's not as elegant as the Two Notes, it does what I need and eliminates a piece of equipment for me.