Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

You Need To Put A Plug In The 1/4" Jack To Power The Jtv When Using The Wb Usb Interface

Crusty...do I have this straight?  I have my Line 6 JTV69-SSS connected to my Line 6 POD HD500 (not "X" because I bought mine when it came out, thinking Line 6 surely must've put their best into this top of the line floor unit, as opposed to figuring that out later and putting out a supplemental version after the fact) via a Line 6 Variax connection cable AND I CANNOT use the new today Line 6 JTV Workbench HD software?

I've got it all connected, d/l'd the latest WB software, double-clicked it and it's not able to connect to my guitar because - and I quote: "Workbench HD requires that the James Tyler Variax is connected to your computer using the Variax USB Interface"

Does this really mean the $50 Variax cable and $500 HD500 are worthless in the Workbend HD signal chain and that I need to unwrapped the as yet to be used cables and interface in order to be able to use the released today Workbench HD software?

Do I have this straight?

Cynicism and sarcasm typed with the sincerest regards.

Your (and/or anyone else's) time in response is greatly appreciated.

~Brian

Yes you are correct... for now... they gave you the tool to use...and it cost you nothing...

they will eventually add pod support (not even the 500x works with the new workbench)

but i think they wanted to release it now... rather than make everyone wait... not everyone owns a pod...

but everyone who bought a new JTV has an interface... (and probably the majority of 2nd hand owners)

certainly nothing to get upset about... 

if you want YOU can wait until they fix it and keep your precious interface new... you can while the rest of us do our thing :)

Crusty...do I have this straight?  I have my Line 6 JTV69-SSS connected to my Line 6 POD HD500 (not "X" because I bought mine when it came out, thinking Line 6 surely must've put their best into this top of the line floor unit, as opposed to figuring that out later and putting out a supplemental version after the fact) via a Line 6 Variax connection cable AND I CANNOT use the new today Line 6 JTV Workbench HD software?

I've got it all connected, d/l'd the latest WB software, double-clicked it and it's not able to connect to my guitar because - and I quote: "Workbench HD requires that the James Tyler Variax is connected to your computer using the Variax USB Interface"

Does this really mean the $50 Variax cable and $500 HD500 are worthless in the Workbend HD signal chain and that I need to unwrapped the as yet to be used cables and interface in order to be able to use the released today Workbench HD software?

Do I have this straight?

Cynicism and sarcasm typed with the sincerest regards.

Your (and/or anyone else's) time in response is greatly appreciated.

~Brian