Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV Express Mk II with amplifi banks

rgilman

Is it possible to select a different bank of tones with the bluetooth device then use those 4 on the FBV express mk II? This would be similar to using my pod 2.0 and calling up a different bank on the pod then accessing that particular bank with th FBV. So far I like the amp I'm getting good usable tones with it.

Is it possible to select a different bank of tones with the bluetooth device then use those 4 on the FBV express mk II? This would be similar to using my pod 2.0 and calling up a different bank on the pod then accessing that particular bank with th FBV. So far I like the amp I'm getting good usable tones with it.

Yes. Just like with POD 2.0 to Spider IV.  When using the FBV Express MKII with AMPLIfi you will use your smart device to select the bank of tones, and the Express will give you A-B-C-D within that bank.  Tap/Tuner as well as the EXP also function just as well. 

I have the express pedal also and it seems damn near worthless, I can't figure out how to assign an effect to pedal and the delay in switching presets is killing me!

The FBV Express MKII will only give you A-B-C-D preset switching within the bank of presets you're in. You cannot assign any effects to the A B C or D foot switches.

To do this, you would need either the FBV Shortboard MKII or MKIII. 

Check here to see all details for all FBV Foot Controllers: Foot Controllers

However, the AMPLIFi app gives you the ability to assign an effect parameter of one effect to the EXP pedal. (just tap and hold down on the parameter of your choice in the effect). For example, if you were to do this with the Mix of a delay, and save that delay with the mix at 0%, you could use the EXP to raise the Mix/Turn on. 

Thanks Nick very helpful. I should have done a bit more research on the express vs . Short board.

Wondering if anyone know of there is any delay in using the shortboard to trigger effects? Really just want to hit the switch and get distortion or flanger as instantaneously as an foot pedal.

Now, this is why we need the AMPLIFi 150 to have a line level input setting with input level control and master volume control...so I can use the 150 as an amp and my FX100 as the modeler/controller. 

http://line6.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Line-level-input-to-use-AMPLIFi-as-amp-for-other-modelers/820470-23508

:)

I have a multi effects processor that I use for now until I can by an FBV. What I do is I use the tube instrument preamp from the amps section and I turn everything else off and that works great for me. There is an option to have no amp but I've found that when I use that it just makes an error and I have to reset the Amplifi.

Line level (theoretically) should be higher than instrument level...this should (theoretically) reduce the noise floor when using a line level signal into the input.  When set to line level input, my thought was to default to a patch that uses the drive control as an input level control, and the volume control to control the overall output level (as usual) with everything else in the patch off / removed / disabled.

I haven't tried the blank patch approach since I don't have control over the input level and the 150 is expecting instrument level in.

In the meantime, I have FRFR solutions for my FX100. 

Another option - would be the opposite - to use the FX100 as a floor controller for the 150 / 75 (similar to the FBV Express) with all modeling from the 150 / 75.

I just found this thread, recommends use of the aux in on the 150 for the FX100 out. 

http://line6.com/support/topic/8599-connecting-fx100-to-amplifi-150/

Anyone know if the aux in on the 150 is mono/unbalanced (TS) or stereo/balanced (TRS)?

• 2 weeks later...

When I chose a tone with the bluetooth app in a different bank from the first bank then use the FBV Mk II it always switches back to the first bank not the bank I'm using.

This is exactly the behaviour I am seeing - it always goes back to the first bank as soon as I select a foot switch.

Yes. Just like with POD 2.0 to Spider IV.  When using the FBV Express MKII with AMPLIfi you will use your smart device to select the bank of tones, and the Express will give you A-B-C-D within that bank.  Tap/Tuner as well as the EXP also function just as well. 

Well I wish it was working like this for me...

To work around this issue I tried saving my tones to Bank 1 however whenever I do this Amplifi gives my 4 blinking lights next time I power on.  The only fix at this point is to a factory reset. What's going on?!

Hopefully its user error - please enlighten me...

I bought a shortboard MK II and it works nice I can go through the banks now and turn off the individual effects. I am using an AKG C3000 condensor mic in the sweet spot to get all of the effects. I have tried 3 sm 57's that works good. For live use the single AKG seems perfect.