Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix poor footswitch design

lefttygtr

I am running into the same problem with the Helix footswitches as I did with the Firehawk. Because the footswitches are basically in the same level any time I go to toggle any on the upper level I accidentally also hit the one on the lower level. This was not an issue with the hd500 because it had the upper footswitches up higher on the beveled part. So is there any thing I can place on the top of them to make them a little higher so I won't run into this problem. Sure I can take my time and be careful but when you are playing you just want to hit them and move on.

I find the upper buttons can be hard to hit sometimes too.  I built my past analog boards in a tiered fashion, I never liked the pedaltrain style.  Unfortunately we cant change the helix.  now I just program the switches that I need quickly in the front row. 

Could you raise the back of the Helix, tilting the whole thing toward you? That would effectively raise the back row of switches in relation to the front.

This is what I did - over on the "show us your helix setup" thread it doesn't show on the picture, but I put a riser at the back of the Helix.  Not much, maybe 1 1/2 inches or so, but it did help quite a bit, haven't had a mis-step since.  Certainly helps that the Helix is built like a tank, might have been concerned with board flex on a lesser unit.

I put my Helix on a PedalTrain 2, that helped a lot.  I also plan my pedal assignments, putting the things I'll choose between songs on the top row, and things that I'll activate mid-song on the bottom.