Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Effectology with Helix ! How to emulate a HOG !

alex_wahwah

Hi 

Is anyone familiar with the EHX Effectology series ? Bill Rupert is doing some crazy things using his pedals ! I managed to emulate first 3 sounds ( Blues Harp , the Cello and the WhO sound ) . 

http://www.ehx.com/effectology

But a lot of time he is using the HOG and the Micro Synth ! Any chance to get a HoG modeller in the future ? Or is it a complicated pedal ? 

( i'm trying to upload some patches but i can't do it here )

Thanks ! 

Hi 

Is anyone familiar with the EHX Effectology series ? Bill Rupert is doing some crazy things using his pedals ! I managed to emulate first 3 sounds ( Blues Harp , the Cello and the WhO sound ) . 

But a lot of time he is using the HOG and the Micro Synth ! Any chance to get a HoG modeller in the future ? Or is it a complicated pedal ? 

Thanks ! 

Oh, by all means - please get the blues harp posted, I'd like to see what you did there.....

Hi 

Thanks ! 

I'd definitely be interested in how you did the cello.

To attach a preset, click the more reply, or use full editor when editing a post. Then you'll see where to attach something. You'll have to rename the extension of the file, or just zip it.

• Upvote 2

Hi 

Thanks ! 

Love to check out the patches if you'd be willing to share them!

Yes, very interested in the patches. I have a HOG2 connected to the Helix, but always nice to have options or plan Bs.

I've done some experimenting to get organ-like sounds, but the pitch tracking in the Helix is nowhere near as good as the HOG - things get funky if I play more than two notes at a time.

I have found that using the Helix to put in some detuning post-HOG (or in parallel with it) adds a nice dimension.

Hi  !

Sorry i haven't answered , i was out for easter Holiday . 

Here are some patches . Note that this is 4CM with a send and return . They are not like the originals on EHX , i just take their ideea and explore it myself . Feel free to add sugestion and stuff . I have an electro project with a DJ and i am really into wierd sounds and stuff . I am loocking for nice ambiental sounds and also noises and bass sounds . 

Although Helix is a superb unit , a think it lacks the "crazyness" you can get with pedals , but i think now with the computer software editing will be easier and fun . 

Cheers ! 

Helix .zip