Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is it blasphemy to switch?

prana25

I'm thinking about switching to an Amplifi 75 and wanted opinions, but please consider my individual circumstances:

I have a Vetta II with a shortboard.  I do NOT gig.  I sit in my music room at home and entertain myself.  I like the versatility of the Vetta as I play a wide range of music, but frankly, I'm not so much into the hours of tinkering to get the tone "just right".  That's not to say that I mind playing with tone, but the iPad interface of the Amplifi is kind of appealing to me.

What I don't have is any experience really sitting down with the Amplifi.  The chain store near me is filled with non-stop, full volume show-offs that doesn't really afford the opportunity to see if the switch is a good choice.  I started with a Spider 75 and sold that off within 5 months. So, has anyone here had time with one?  Is it a step up from the Spider in terms of tone quality?  Is it a major step down from the Vetta?

Thanks!