Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

A-B Switch Bug or User Error?

gjcooper

I'm having a frustrating time with an A-B Switch block.  I'm tying to switch 100% to path A, or path B.  What seems to be happening is that when engaged, it sends 100% to path B, and when disengaged it sends 50% to path A and 50% to path B.

I have the foot switch assigned as a controller with the minimum set to 100% A and the maximum sent to 100% B.  When the LED is on, the screen shows [b 100]. When the LED is off, the screen shows [A 100].  However, the behavior is very clearly 50/50.

The factory preset for this configuration seems to work correctly, which leads me to think it might be user error.  However, I can't find anything different in my "I created it" patch from the factory patch.

I'm running firmware version 1.10.0.

Thoughts?

I'm having a frustrating time with an A-B Switch block.  I'm tying to switch 100% to path A, or path B.  What seems to be happening is that when engaged, it sends 100% to path B, and when disengaged it sends 50% to path A and 50% to path B.

I have the foot switch assigned as a controller with the minimum set to 100% A and the maximum sent to 100% B.  When the LED is on, the screen shows [b 100]. When the LED is off, the screen shows [A 100].  However, the behavior is very clearly 50/50.

The factory preset for this configuration seems to work correctly, which leads me to think it might be user error.  However, I can't find anything different in my "I created it" patch from the factory patch.

I'm running firmware version 1.10.0.

Thoughts?

Not sure exactly how you have everything routed in this patch but you may want to compare the settings for the input and output blocks on the factory preset that is working to the one you setup.

So, I found a work around.  If I go to the A/B block and go into Command Center and change the command, then change it back to none, everything works like it should.  This has happened on every A/B I have used.  I have no idea why this works this way.

Command Center or Controller Assign? The Command Center screen shouldn't have anything to do with the Split block.

Could it be that the Split's bypass is also assigned to the footswitch? Bypassing the Split > A-B block will give you your 50-50% split.

Could it be that the Split's bypass is also assigned to the footswitch? Bypassing the Split > A-B block will give you your 50-50% split.

I reckon that's exactly what it will be.  I had the same issue when I first got my unit.  It drove me nuts before I figured it out. 

Command Center or Controller Assign? The Command Center screen shouldn't have anything to do with the Split block.

Make sure you are pressing and holding down on the knob for the split, NOT touching and holding the footswitch, to assign the control. It defaults to an A 100/B 100 toggle.