Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

just bought my amplifi 150 and all the tone lights are flashing and its not working!!!!!

Bobby1974

hi . i just bought myself a line 6 amplifi 150 amp , and pair it via bluetooth with my iphone 5s , and thru the amplifi remote app , i saw that has an old firmware 1.00 . So i tried to update it thrue app , but an error message appears that says the update was failed. I turned off the amp and i switch it on , holding pressed the tone and tap buttons to make a factory reset . Then i conect it via usb cable to my desktop pc that runs windows 10 . i downloaded the line 6 updater , and run the programm to update firmware again, getting the amp in update mode , but again an error message appears that the update was failed and promt me to switch off and on again the amplifi. after i did that , the four tone lights are flashing , and stopped working. WHAT CAN I DO?

I've had one for about 2 months, and honestly the Bluetooth has been buggy since day 1, but I just had the same issue you did 2 nights ago too. In the morning it was fine, then a few hours later, there I am setting up for practice the night before a 250+ person gig and my amp is a brick. Eventually figured out it wanted an update, but for a while I was all but convinced it was fried. I couldn't do anything about it since I've never been able to update it from my android (annoying). Also, every time I've tried to update via my Windows 10 pc, I get a "file corrupt" error. So my hail Mary was to connect it to my ipad and it finally worked after like 3 tries. Long story short, I'd be surprised if your iPhone can't get the job done, but If not, iPads seem to be the only things that can reliably communicate with these amps, and if it doesn't work the first time, give it another shot.

Anyway, I've got a real bone to pick with Line6 for forcing me into a mandatory update with zero options. I was totally screwed for the entire practice. If it had been a night later I would have been standing in front of a full room like an idiot. The worst part is, my hope was that maybe this update was going to fix the annoying Bluetooth data disconnect problem it's always had, but I think it's made it worse! I had an awful time trying to connect all weekend and it still loses its data connection every time I change tones.

I really like the concept. I was very impressed with the sound I get out of a small, totally digital package. But these things have some serious bugs and Line6 needs to get on top of it quick.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

:huh:  Sorry to hear...not sure what to do on the flashing light / unable to update? Have you tried a factory reset, then see if it's working?

I don't know how Line 6 or the AMPLIFi forces you to upgrade/update? That's your choice,,,AFAIK, older versions of the firmware are still available?

I also don't see how it would "brick" if you're not updating, or get an error during updating or there isn't some kind of hardware/software fault/error.

I had Bluetooth connection issues last year with my FX100; since updating to the latest firmware FX100 and 150 are working great; I rarely get a dropped connection...works best with iOS for me.  I have a crappy Android tablet that has issues, not just with AMPLIFi; my Android phone is a little better.

• 3 months later...

My Amplifi 150 is now a brick, too. I've had the amp for a few months and it has only been used maybe four times, and never moved from the air-conditioned studio that it resides in. I've tried to update multiple times via both USB connection on my Mac and iPhone—alas, it's still a brick. I have a gig coming up and am now very hesitant to trust it.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Same issues on my amplifi tt, but for me it says that the update was a succes... 

With line 6 updater i return to an old version (2.10) and it works

Do you install the driver on your pc ?

Yes, install the driver. I do not have the TT, but I have the 30 and my computer will not recognize the device in Line 6 Updater without the drivers installed.

• 4 years later...

Same issue, one out of every 100 boot up's seems to allow the system to come to a functioning order.  Otherwise it's always a four lights flashing issue.  Have tried all instructions, all firmware versions, different USB cords, different computers.  When it works it's pretty damn nice, but extremely frustrating to have such a usesle$$ piece of "equipment".