Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Hd500x Usb Feedback

Gunslinger_11

I'm sorry nobody could help you out.

Could you tell me which ground loop eliminator you got?

I picked up the Behringer Micro HD400 - killed the hum right away (it was the cheapest solution at $34) installed between the HD500x 1.4 out and the amp..  I am going to also get the EBTech Hum-X  which plugs into the outlet as I have my computer on a different circuit than the amps.

I picked up the Micro HD400 at canadacomputers.com in Markham Ontario.

Hope that helps. 

How would this work with the DT-25 HD500 combination?

It will be the same for the DT25 HD500.   Just place the box between the HD500 and the amp.  So from the 1/4 inch (Left) on the HD 500, connect a short 1/4" patch cable to input #1 on the Micro HD400, connect your one end of the guitar cable to output #1 of the Micro HD400 and to the other end to DT25 front input.  You can place the box between any gear that is creating  a ground loop.

This killed the hum on the signal to the amp.  I still have a bit of a hum from ambient interference from my computer but it is barely audible - I think the EBtech Hum-X attached to the computer power main will solve that. 

I would post a pic of my setup, but I don't know how.

you don't use the 1/4" for DT amps (typically) you'd use the L6LINK (digital xlr)

not sure if this product would be suitable for this purpose... (or that the hum would reside in the same place, being that the amp is fed digitally)

It will be the same for the DT25 HD500.   Just place the box between the HD500 and the amp.  So from the 1/4 inch (Left) on the HD 500, connect a short 1/4" patch cable to input #1 on the Micro HD400, connect your one end of the guitar cable to output #1 of the Micro HD400 and to the other end to DT25 front input.  You can place the box between any gear that is creating  a ground loop.

This killed the hum on the signal to the amp.  I still have a bit of a hum from ambient interference from my computer but it is barely audible - I think the EBtech Hum-X attached to the computer power main will solve that. 

I would post a pic of my setup, but I don't know how.

you don't use the 1/4" for DT amps (typically) you'd use the L6LINK (digital xlr)

not sure if this product would be suitable for this purpose... (or that the hum would reside in the same place, being that the amp is fed digitally)

I do and I am using the product for this purpose.  its a passive box so it does not colour  your tone in any way.

I agree that using the L6Link the sound is pure (no hum), but when I record I typically go through the front input (because I like the sound it produces), and with the USB cable plugged in to the HD500x, I was getting a tremendous hum in the DT25 which is not good for recording.  I found using this box in the signal path as I described above eliminated the hum coming out of the amp with no side effect to sound quality.