Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem Recording on Mac using Line6 GX & Podfarm 2.5

Hello,

I am using a Line6 GX sound card with macbook air OS X 10.10.5 to record guitar sounds. My setup looks like this:

Line6 GX Input: Electric Guitar

Line6 GX Output: USB to computer + double mini jack wire. Output from Line6 GX is mini and other end of wire is a mini with mini-to-large jack adapter. That end is inserted into a Line6 Guitar Amp (Spider IV 15).

Pod Farm 2.5 Pro is used. Manipulations in Pod Farm 2.5 result in effected guitar sound from the Line6 Amp.

Smart Recorder software has been used to record the effected guitar sound. MacBook Air microphone is used as recording tool.

This is now unacceptable. Macbook air microphone produces undesirable grating effect.

I have in my possession an AKG Perception Live P4 microphone, though I can't figure out how to replace the MacBook Air microphone with it. I understand that I can connect the AKG microphone to the Line6 sound card. This would however prevent me from connecting my guitar to the sound card and effecting my guitar sound with Pod Farm. Is there a way to bypass the Macbook air microphone and replace it with this better microphone, so that I may record the guitar amplifier sound as I am recording now, only with a better microphone? 

Thanks,

Hani