Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix and Alto TS110A

chuskey

I know the question of which FRFR speaker comes up a lot. 

I did a gig Friday with my own equipment and used my Alto TS110A as the main. It was a small outdoor event and it had plenty of output. The other videos I've shared have always been using the house PA at other places, so I wanted to post to give an idea of what the Alto sounds like. To me it's a great bang for the buck. 

This was recorded from a camera mic, but a decent one, so it gives a good feel for how the speaker comes across to the audience or in the room. 

https://youtu.be/XYnnVSr5xmQ

• Upvote 5

Dude, nice playing.  I digged it.  I did not buy the Alto and got the QSC K10 for my Helix.  I don't regret it but the purchase price was steep.  I forwarded your info to my bandmates since one is considering a wedge monitor for his guitar rig.  I think this may save him lots of money.

Very helpful, Thanks.

P.S. I'm watching some of your other clips, and I have to repeat myself... really nice playing!

Dude, nice playing.  I digged it.  I did not buy the Alto and got the QSC K10 for my Helix.  I don't regret it but the purchase price was steep.  I forwarded your info to my bandmates since one is considering a wedge monitor for his guitar rig.  I think this may save him lots of money.

Very helpful, Thanks.

P.S. I'm watching some of your other clips, and I have to repeat myself... really nice playing!

Thanks so much!! I'm glad you enjoyed my playing!  The Alto is hard to beat for the money :)

Wow, that was killer!!!  Incredible right hand technique as well.  

Although I was already happy with my pair of TS110a speakers, I'm feeling really good about them now.

Thanks man!!  

The longer I play the more I realize how much of the sound comes from the right hand technique.  I'm amazed when I watch players like Sean Halley do demos for Line 6, his right hand is incredible!!  Guys like him make me realize how much farther I have to go :P

I think the Alto's are an absolute steal considering what they sell for.  

• Upvote 1

Quick question about the Alto's. Cost aside, are they any better or worse than the Line 6 L2M's?

I have never had the chance to play the L2M, so I can't say personally.  I've heard nothing but good from the Line 6 Stagesource speaker series, so I'm sure they're great.  

To me I just could justify (afford) the difference in the cost for speakers given that a lot of the time when I play I use whatever the house system is.  If I played full time and always brought my own sound I'd have given the Line 6 speakers a closer look. 

Maybe someone on here who's tried them both could comment?

I looked them up and I noticed they now have a TS2 series now with a bit more power and migth replace the TS1 series since they don't seem to be more expansive.

A friend of mine just bought a pair of the TS2 series, 12" I think but maybe the 10", and he LOVES them.  

He had tried one of the EV monitors and it was very boomy and the bass frequencies were extremely hyped.  I thought it could have been the way he had his AX8 setup, but I played my Helix through the EV and didn't like it at all.  

He returned that and basically for the price of the EV he got a pair of the Alto's and is so much happier with them.  

A friend of mine just bought a pair of the TS2 series, 12" I think but maybe the 10", and he LOVES them.  

He had tried one of the EV monitors and it was very boomy and the bass frequencies were extremely hyped.  I thought it could have been the way he had his AX8 setup, but I played my Helix through the EV and didn't like it at all.  

He returned that and basically for the price of the EV he got a pair of the Alto's and is so much happier with them.  

Interesting. I was seriously considering the EV ZLX12P because of the price and the long history in audio. I 've been battling boominess for ages and can't take it anymore that why I want to buy powered monitors. Since they don't have TS2 on the floor around here it would help if you could find out if he has the 10" or 12"..

Thanks again 

Interesting. I was seriously considering the EV ZLX12P because of the price and the long history in audio. I 've been battling boominess for ages and can't take it anymore that why I want to buy powered monitors. Since they don't have TS2 on the floor around here it would help if you could find out if he has the 10" or 12"..

Thanks again 

He said that he has the 10" version. 

I think the TS210 should be perfect for what I want to do. I got to try a Berhinger PA with 15" last night couldn't get rid of the bass. So, smaller the better AND it will fit easily in a small car. Great one more item to add on the TO BUY list.