Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting to My Laptop

nyhof

The interface  for editing firehawk (and amplifi) tones are only available with ios and android.

There are no indication for a Mac or a Windows version.

I am curious to understand what would be the added value to manipulate the FH under a mac in comparison with doing it with a, ipad ?  

The interface  for editing firehawk (and amplifi) tones are only available with ios and android.

I am curious to understand what would be the added value to manipulate the FH under a mac in comparison with doing it with a, ipad ?

I don't own an iPad but I do have a very nice new Mac air. Controlling the FH with an iPhone is a little cramped.

I understand and I agree that the iphone screen size is a little bit small.

I think it does exist a way of displaying your iphone screen on your mac. Would it be a workaround to have a more usable user Interface ?

Here a link to a tutorial for 2 solutions (free) : http://computers.tutsplus.com/tutorials/two-different-ways-to-mirror-an-ios-device-to-a-mac--cms-23533

It is a workaround...

I hope it helps.

Bernard 

• 4 weeks later...

The fact that you can't get an application for pc is beyond retarded. I'm contemplating sending mine back just because it is asinine. I have a touchgscreen laptop! Why would I want to run it through my phone?

The fact that it offers interaction with the mobile app is one of Firehawk's main selling points. So, yes, if that's not important to you, it might not be the device for you. Personally I find using a mobile app for this type of task much easier and less disruptive to workflow than using a PC-based editor.

The AMPLIFi/Firehawk products and the POD HD/Helix products are designed for different users. The former use mobile devices and Bluetooth. The latter use PCs and USB. It's like the difference between a car and a truck. You don't buy a sporty convertible if you need to haul lumber.

If you don't want to use your phone/mobile device, don't use Firehawk. Get a POD HD or Helix.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Received my Firehawk yesterday, pulled an all-nighter----no success.  That is with a computer.  Very tire discussed and 'bout ready to box it up.  Has anyone successfully hooked with an Ipad?   Don't want to spend more money on something else I can't use.  Desperate, help.   coy 

I connect my Firehawk FX to my iPAD regularly via Bluetooth. The Firehawk uses a computer and USB connection only for firmware updates - the editor is an app that runs on iOS or Android using Bluetooth. Are you having a problem updating the firmware using your computer? If so, describe what you are doing and where the procedure fails.

I connect my Firehawk FX to my iPAD regularly via Bluetooth. The Firehawk uses a computer and USB connection only for firmware updates - the editor is an app that runs on iOS or Android using Bluetooth. Are you having a problem updating the firmware using your computer? If so, describe what you are doing and where the procedure fails.

I have the iPhone but a 4 inch screen can be difficult to see. I love the idea of a Bluetooth sync but would like the flexibility of using the Mac. Sometimes Bluetooth does not stay connected, not a huge issue but still a pain in the lollipop. Usb plug in though dated would be easy.

To all concerned-----there is a way to hook the firehawk to a computer-----Go to Line6, products from drop down, choose Firehawk fx, move to next drop down, click all, then click on the next window's 10,  hit go-----there are two down loads ------first two.     NOTE;   you'll need a usd A, B type connector.  Available at Sweetwater Music.

I found out from the guys at Sweetwater.     Just follow the instructions with the remote down load.     Sweetwater  rocks    

..-----there is a way to hook the firehawk to a computer----.

Yes. You can use a USB connection for firmware updates and for recording, using Firehawk as the audio interface. Are you talking about doing something else with Firehawk connected to a computer? Id so, what? And what is an A, B type connector and what is the purpose of using it with Firehawk?