Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

How to connect the line6 pod HD to the Camera using the TRS jack without noise?

ifac8

I am currently trying to use the TRS jack to connect my line6 pod HD Desktop to the zoom q8. I could record the guitar sound from the pod HD. But there are also many noises in the video. So do I need to use the direct box or anything else in between to eliminate the noises?

Remark: I had tried to use the Phones Output or the Unbalanced Output to connect  to the TRS/XLR combo jacks of the zoom q8. But both methods also have the noise.

The 1/4" outputs are unbalanced, so I'm not sure how they would react with a TRS plug and how it's wired into the zoom q8.  The first thing I'd try is an unbalanced TS 1/4" plug and see if it works.  If you get nothing try pulling the plug out part way until you feel the second connection.  Alternatively, just use the XLR outputs as they are balanced.

I am currently trying to use the TRS jack to connect my line6 pod HD Desktop to the zoom q8. I could record the guitar sound from the pod HD. But there are also many noises in the video. So do I need to use the direct box or anything else in between to eliminate the noises?

Remark: I had tried to use the Phones Output or the Unbalanced Output to connect  to the TRS/XLR combo jacks of the zoom q8. But both methods also have the noise.

If it helps, I use a POD HD Desktop on stage direct to PA like this: Guitar->POD HD->Left unbalanced Out->Direct Box->XLR Out to Snake channel. No noise. Works great. Try it.