Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Connecting to my Bud amp

AeroUSA

I think this has been covered but I'm a little confused.

I have a 'bud' amp. helix actually sounds pretty good in the front of it but I'd like to try bypassing the pre amp. The effects send/return is a TRS to Y cable. If I plug the TRS into the amp where do I plug the Y cable in Helix.

It looks like you just need a cable that's TRS on one end and splits to two TS jacks on the other.  I used to have to go that route with my Vetta II and I still use one of those cables when I want to run my EBMM Majesty into Helix in Stereo.

It seems bud combined the loop on the amp into a single trs jack like a mixer insert.

one of the ends goes into the left/mono 1/4 out on the helix. Which one i dont know. If they're labeled i would start with the return. You can turn on your amp and touch the cable tips with your hand, the one that makes noise is probobly the return on the amp. Its a bit scary because will the wrong one damage the helix? Use caution. Make sure preamp gain/volume all the way down.

If your cable is labeled, with one of the mono jacks being tip and one being ring, you should insert the one labeled ring to the fx send (or 1/4 out) on the Helix.  I looked at the Bud amp on the Henriksen Amplifiers website and it shows that 'ring' is for the return and 'tip' is for the send.  So if, on your amp, ring is for return, then on the Helix end ring would be what you want to plug in.

It seems bud combined the loop on the amp into a single trs jack like a mixer insert.

one of the ends goes into the left/mono 1/4 out on the helix. Which one i dont know. If they're labeled i would start with the return. You can turn on your amp and touch the cable tips with your hand, the one that makes noise is probobly the return on the amp. Its a bit scary because will the wrong one damage the helix? Use caution. Make sure preamp gain/volume all the way down.

YES FIDO this is right - the HELIX 1/4in OUT needs to go to the return of your Y cable.  This will bypass the preamp of your bud amp and feed the Helxi straight into the power section.

If your cable is labeled, with one of the mono jacks being tip and one being ring, you should insert the one labeled ring to the fx send (or 1/4 out) on the Helix.  I looked at the Bud amp on the Henriksen Amplifiers website and it shows that 'ring' is for the return and 'tip' is for the send.  So if, on your amp, ring is for return, then on the Helix end ring would be what you want to plug in.

If you were connecting the HELIX and the Bud in 4cm the HELIX SEND would go to the front Guitar input on the Bud amp.  Then from the Bud's Y cable the Send would go into the HELIX return.   Finally the Helix main 1/4 out goes to the Y cable's Return on the Bud.