Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

e bow or sustainor patch...

rudomat

Chad Boston has a couple of versions of a patch that might work and if not, would definitely be a good place to start.  They allow sustained feedback tone (endless if desired) at any volume.  I've tried both and are some of the better shared presets on the Helix tone board in my opinion.  The first version might be better suited for an Ebow simulation.  It's set up so that you play and then blend in feedback at the appropriate time by easing in with the expression pedal.  You've sparked my interest and I will be giving it a shot.  Here's links to the presets:

http://line6.com/customtone/tone/1970739/

Oops!  looks like he must have deleted his first version.  Oh well, I have a feeling it will still be a good starting point. Especially for the 1 (of the 2)  Ebow settings that is a little less unpredictable in it's pitch.  Man I can't wait to try this!

To add to my previous reply, I just realized that part of the Ebow's character is more than just endless feedback.  I'm not sure how one would go about reproducing the physical occasional stringy vibrations when string makes contact with frets/pups/or Ebow itself.  Still excited though.

To add to my previous reply, I just realized that part of the Ebow's character is more than just endless feedback.  I'm not sure how one would go about reproducing the physical occasional stringy vibrations when string makes contact with frets/pups/or Ebow itself.  Still excited though.

This. You really want an ebow sound, ya need an ebow.

This. You really want an ebow sound, ya need an ebow.

What, you mean they didn't anticipate and model that? Gosh, Line 6.

I've played with using volume swells instead of an ebow, but it's just not the same. I was trying to avoid bothering since I only use the ebow on one song, but oh well. It's not like it's a big hassle to bring along.