Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

URI is incompatible with data

gbakerjr

Hey all, I'm getting this error occasionally when trying to import a patch (preset) or IR.  Not often, just once in a while.  I was chalking it up to corrupt files, but the latest came when trying import a patch and two IR's from another thread, and those files have been imported by other folks, so the files are clearly good.  I've made sure the filename extensions are correct (.wav for IRs, .hlx for patches), and tried importing from multiple computers, all Win 7 Pro 64 machines.  I'm running the latest firmware (1.10.0), drivers (1.78), and Helix app version 1.11.1.

Anyone else experience this?  Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated! 

Gary

Hey all, I'm getting this error occasionally when trying to import a patch (preset) or IR.  Not often, just once in a while.  I was chalking it up to corrupt files, but the latest came when trying import a patch and two IR's from another thread, and those files have been imported by other folks, so the files are clearly good.  I've made sure the filename extensions are correct (.wav for IRs, .hlx for patches), and tried importing from multiple computers, all Win 7 Pro 64 machines.  I'm running the latest firmware (1.10.0), drivers (1.78), and Helix app version 1.11.1.

Anyone else experience this?  Any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated! 

Gary

I am not sure what the issue is with the presets but in some earlier versions of the editor people had good luck by actually dragging the IR onto the desktop and then dragging it into the editor. Sounds weird I know but many people have had success with this method on problematic IRs (this tip was contributed originally by Arislaf).

For anyone keeping score, the issue (at least for this latest round...) wound up being how I downloaded the files from drop box.  If I downloaded individual files, no go.  If I downloaded all of them in one fell swoop as a zip file, everything loads fine.  Not sure what would change in the download procedure, but all's well that ends well right?.

Gary

I'm having the same issue, but I didn't DL any of the IRs. I just put them on a flash drive to change them from one computer to another, as my main compy's OS is too old for the Helix application  :rolleyes:

Both dragging and using the import function get the same result. Luckily, I'm fairly happy with the cab sounds in the Helix, which is amazing, because I'm pretty picky about cab sounds. That was the major downfall of the HD series, to me.

• 3 months later...

I am getting the same message when importing presets. It only happens on presets using the 5150 amp, and it doesn't matter whether they are imported separately or together, zipped or not.

It seems to affect the Helix regardless of firmware level. I now have 2.01 (the one after the snapshot update).  I have also updated the Helix editor.  Other presets do not have the issue.

Line 6 is unable to provide any insight into the URI message, saying it's sort of generic and doesn't really mean much.  Google comes up with only two Line 6 forum posts, so I don't know how "generic" could be.

• 5 months later...