Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

About Jtv And Last Hd Update

Hallo everyone.  :)

I wanna buy a JT Variax, is there a difference between the JTV-89 and the anothers one?

I had a Variax 500 with workbench interface, is that compatible with JTV?

How is palm muting behavior on the new HD models? Can i play finally Metal with alternate tuning on JTV? B) 

Thank in advance.

Manu

ps. Can someone post a sample with a palm mute on high gain sound?

Hi,

Variax 500 and JTV are not compatable. You would need to use Workbench HD for your JTV. I doubt Workbench HD would work for the Variax 500, but I haven't tried it.

The electronics on-board the JTVs and thus the modelled sounds available are the same for all models (59, 69, 89, etc.), now that the new firmware has been released.

The differences between various JTV models (59, 69, 89, etc) are:

- each model has different magnetic pickups

- each model has a different look and feel, and knobs in different positions and configurations

- some models have whammy bars, some do not

- the lettering on the alternate tuning selector is different on the 89 models (more drops, instead of open tunings). Therefore, default open tunings are different on the 89s compared to the others.

I don't play metal so someone else will have to contribute here, but I hope this helps a little.

Hi,

Variax 500 and JTV are not compatable. You would need to use Workbench HD for your JTV. I doubt Workbench HD would work for the Variax 500, but I haven't tried it.

The electronics on-board the JTVs and thus the modelled sounds available are the same for all models (59, 69, 89, etc.), now that the new firmware has been released.

The differences between various JTV models (59, 69, 89, etc) are:

- each model has different magnetic pickups

- each model has a different look and feel, and knobs in different positions and configurations

- some models have whammy bars, some do not

- the lettering on the alternate tuning selector is different on the 89 models (more drops, instead of open tunings). Therefore, default open tunings are different on the 89s compared to the others.

I don't play metal so someone else will have to contribute here, but I hope this helps a little.

Thanks for your answer.

About the Workbench i didn't mean the Software one, but the usb <-> Variax Interface:

Workbench%20package%20content.jpg