Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Help With Ownhammer IR's

FreeBlues1

I'm brand new to all this, so can someone help me out?

I just purchased the Ownhammer 112DLXVRP package, downloaded it to my Mac and now I have 4 different cabs/speakers.  So far so good.  Within each of these separate folders are 3 separated sub-folders labeled Mics, Mixes and Quick Start.  Inside each of these folders are a LOT of separate wav files.

So, when I import an IR into Helix, what do I select - a Mic file, Mix file, Quick Start file?  All the above?  There are well over 100 combined files in these three folders for each separate speaker option. 

So, nice that Ownhammer has given me tons of options, but how in the world to I demo all these files and pick one or three I like.

I guess I need a demo of what to do with all these wav files and how to apply them to the Helix.

Yeah, there's a PDF in there that describes what everything is. Quick Start is usually the best place to start. Use that to find a speaker and mic (or mic combination) you like, then dive in to that subset and go through the distances to find the exact IR you want. Sometimes useful to have a couple that might work in different situations (a mids heavy IR, a scooped IR, etc).

• Upvote 1