Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problem with A-B switching path. Unsure if it's a bug, or if I'm doing something wrong

bassguy129

So, I have a patch setup to run in 4 cable method. The general rundown is that I have the clean and dirty amp channels switching on a footswitch, and that also sets up a reverb to be activated in the FX loop when the clean channel is on. I have a pad and overdrive on the clean channel (path B ), which are both footswitchable. 

I noticed that when I was playing on the lead channel, I could hear the clean channels OD if I switched it on and off. To test this, I put a delay on the clean channel in front of the amp, and sure enough, I could hear the delay on the lead channel. 

I've looked at my path up and down, and can't figure out why this is happening. I can't have the same thing happen if I do it in reverse, as in putting a delay on the lead channel and hear it on the clean channel. Only when I have something on the clean path does it come into path A. 

Am I incorrect in thinking that when path B is engaged, the part in path A which is being split around should be inaudible and vice versa? 

My split settings are A 100% and B 100% with each footswitch state. 

85VJrf2.jpg

gErkDYB.jpg

(The delays in these pictures are all in the loop, but I DID have one of them in front of the amp before, while I was experimenting, which is the one I could hear)

Here's a link to the patch, if anybody wants to load it into their helix and give it a go: https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyikhoiq7mc8yva/Landscapes.hlx?dl=0

Help! I can't figure out whats going on, and I need to bang out a bunch of song-specific patches as I'm going on tour in a month  :wacko:

Maybe you have the footswitch configured for bypassing/activating the split block as well as changing the A/B mix?  If you have then you'll get 50/50 with the footswitch off and 0/100 with it on.  Make sure the footswitch is only controlling the routing and not the bypass/active state of the split block.

Maybe you have the footswitch configured for bypassing/activating the split block as well as changing the A/B mix?  If you have then you'll get 50/50 with the footswitch off and 0/100 with it on.  Make sure the footswitch is only controlling the routing and not the bypass/active state of the split block.

That's totally it. Thanks so much!