Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk fx latest update error and volume drup after tuning

iPlayGuitarYT

Hi guys.I want to share my problems with firehawk.First of all,after instaling newest asio update on my windows 10,my PC runs into error after connecting usb cable into my firehawk.Second problem comes when I push tuner on my unit.After tuning my patch is quieter for 40%.If someone has same problems please bre free to comment!

Thanx

• Downvote 1

The volume-after-tuning problem seems like a well known bug since the 1.20 update, as I have seen several mentions of it and experience it as well. It has become reflex for me to tap another tone and then back to the one I want after I exit the tuner. I am expecting and hoping to see it addressed in the next update.

• 3 weeks later...

This issue needs to be addressed sooner or later in the next update, since it is not an improvement but a bug fix request. I experienced 40% volume-drops during gigs a few times. The recommended procedure of 'selecting a patch for intro - tuning - taping another patch - pressing the original patch for intro' does not work for a gig. 

• 3 months later...

Am I the only person who has been experiencing a hugh-volume drop after tuning? I had a band ensemble yesterday, and it happened again and again between songs after tuning. I had to select another patch and come back, but you will loose any tweak you made during previous song and no time to do again before starting intros.

I generally love Firehawk FX, but I have to say that it is very tricky to use for gigs.

I've not experienced an issue with overall volume, but yesterday I was chasing a seemingly random reduction in gain. I did use the tuner, so maybe that triggered it. I do recall it happening on my JCM-800 lead patch once and when troubleshooting I switched to my JCM-800 rhythm patch and the expected gain came back. I was puzzled when returning to the lead patch and it had full gain again...

I thought it was an intermittent short in my guitar's jack or the patch cord I was using. I'll do some experimenting tonight.

• 9 months later...

After finally getting comfortable with my unit to the point I could live places, I've now been experiencing the same issue :( firmware 1.30 my plexi patches and other ones as well have a reduction in volume or gain after turning off the tuner - damn line 6 please fix this kinda stuff. I can understand being done with the product now that helix is out but basic functionality like this shouldn't be an issue

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...