Sign in to follow this  
amcevoy

Headphone Output on Firehawk 1500

Firehawk 1500 arrived this morning. Very impressed. Default patches a bit eurgh, but have dialled in some nice ones of my own already.

However, headphone output seems to be mono-only even when the output is wide stereo. Same headphones yield Stereo on my HD Pro X...

Anyone else experienced this?

• Upvote 1

I found the same. Could this be changed by some setting? This is a stereo amplifier/FRFR. I guess Line 6 will fix this soon. Otherwise, it's a real bummer for me, as i rely so much on headphone for late-night practice...

• Upvote 1

Ok, just found out that you CAN run the headphone output in glorious stereo. Like you I'm a late-night-noodler and this has been a disappointment. However, if you plug an XLR cable into one of the MAIN out (doesn't need to be connected to anything else) then this flips the headphone socket from mono to stereo.

Hope this helps you...

• Upvote 1

Thanks so much for the tip! It would be VERY helpful until they fix this (I cannot really figure out good reasoning behind that behavior :)). Again, thanks!! 

Jake

OK.

They've release firmware 1.20.0 and no, it doesn't fix this issue, but my amp hasn't gone silent on me since the update...

Is the headphone output volume independent of the amps speaker output? I'm hoping to be able to use the amp on stage and have in ear monitors hooked up to the headphone output and still have the speakers pushing for stage volume since not everyone in my band have in ears. Also does the headphone out allow you to mix in the monitor inputs like the speakers on the amp? 

Plugging in the headphones would switch off the speakers. I'm not sure if this is configurable or not - I've not seen any parameters for it.

Ironically this is where I discovered how to get the headphones in stereo. I ended up using the XLR outs to output to a small mixing desk (Behringer 802 - £49) and in turn running the headphones from that whilst keeping the amp 'live' and a feed to FOH.

Hope this helps.