Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

PODHD500 set list transfer to PODHD500X

tdownerd

I know this has been address and I tried searching the forum with no luck...

1. Can I move a set list that is on my PODHD500 to the PODHD500X that I just picked up?  (I seem to recall there is a different file ext,)

-Do I have to recreate them from scratch on the 500X?

2. Does the Conversion Utility posted at the top of the page make this possible?

Thanks for your help!

Todd

I am not sure how much help this will be to you but...............

I have used the HD Conversion prog to go from the HDX to the HD many many many times. Going from the X the Non X might face a prob with DSP but in your case there would be no issue.

Not sure about transferring a whole set list but patch by patch would work.

Make a copy of the HD500 setlist, rename the extension to .5xs, and load it in the HD500X edit program.

Or just drag and drop the HD500 setlist to the HD500X edit program, over the setlist dropdown.

Or click file -> open setlist in the HD500X edit program, set the file type dropdown to all files, and find the HD500 setlist.

There should be no problems as far as any patches within the setlist go.

As mentioned before, the 500x has a little bit more DSP, so it is possible that going from the 500x to the 500 could give problems if someone had maxed out the DSP on the 500x. 

But everything will be fine going from a 500 to a 500x. 

You don't need the conversion program. But, yes, it does do Setlists and Bundles. 

As to the file names, that is all it is, a name. You can rename the files if you want. 

HOWEVER, the easiest thing to do is: 

You can just drag-and-drop the files into your 500x. The same as you would if it was a 500. 

No renaming needed. 

And then, once in the 500x, should you feel the need to re-save them, the 500x will save them as 500x files.