Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

VARYING VOLUME FLUCTUATIONS IN PRESETS - SPIDER-IV-150...

My Spider IV-150 has developed an issue where about 10 seconds into a switched preset, the volume of the preset drops about 25%. This happens with all presets. Initially when this issue began, overdrive presets 10 seconds after selection, would switch to a line-level, clean tone... almost as if no preset were selected at all. After taking it to a tech that used to work for Line 6, he couldn't make it happen in shop (no surprise there). But he suggested doing a firmware update through Line 6 Monkey. I did that and now the presets don't switch to that weird, clean tone. The presets keep the sound but drop in volume about 25% after 10 seconds. 

I just tried doing another firmware update but Monkey says the amp and MK-III pedal are up to date.

Is anyone experiencing this issue? And if so, how did you remedy the problem? 

Can anyone recommend a good tech that really can trouble shoot and work on Line 6 gear in the LA, Orange County, San Diego County areas?

Thanks

Never heard of this problem before.   I would recommend backing up all your presets to a computer first, using Spider Edit, then doing a factory reset on the amp.  Then reload the patches and see if the problem has cleared up.

Carefully pull the knobs off and make certain all of the retaining nuts on the pot shaft are snug,

not tight, but snug.

If that doesn't do it, then it's something internal and needs to be taken in for servicing. Log a ticket

in your account, contact Line 6 support and get a return authorization.

For the authorized service near you,...   http://line6.com/find/service_center/ 

I have the same issue and was told here on the forums that its normal, that all the presets have preset volumes as part of the settings. 

here is that thread so you can see the answers i got. to be honest its one of the reasons i am getting rid of this amp after only owning it for 3 months . Im gonna lose my shirt over it and take a huge bath as a loss to GC , but  it just causes too many problems.  And Ill never buy a line 6 product again. surely. But its so stupid to have preset volumes in the preset song settings. 

http://line6.com/support/topic/18646-recent-line-6-spider-iv-75w-purchase-i-have-a-big-question/

"I have the same issue and was told here on the forums that its normal,

that all the presets have preset volumes as part of the settings"----

Yes, the presets have their own default volumes they start at. Some 

normalization is done. It can be taken only so far before the Modeling is

adversely affected.

Preset changing on its own is something else. It should be looked at by an authorized service center.