Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Does the helix have an audio in?

Andy1175

I was initially bemused when I realized my new Helix didn't have an aux input. The reality is, however,  the Helix is configured perfectly for my workflow.

I realize not everyone would want my particular practice setup, but I run my Helix directly to my PC via USB, where I can sit in front of stereo monitors (decent computer speakers work just fine, too) and learn new material on guitar.

I can jamb along to backing tracks on YouTube, learn songs and solos with slow-down software (Transcribe), or just noodle. 

I have a tiny amp and the Boss Waza headphones I got for Christmas last year if I want to play while watching TV.

I wouldn't trade my Helix setup for anything, despite no aux input.

• 2 weeks later...

As an aside, I've had various Amplifi's (and still have the TT as it's very versatile unit and can bluetooth music etc to it), plus had HD500 and HD Pro X but the Helix Rack is SIGNIFICANTLY better.  I mean it's unfair to even start to compare as the Helix (especially with the new 3.0 firmware) is RIDICULOUSLY better.   My advice, find a workaround as the benefits of the Helix blow the HDs out of the water!   Seriously, get one!

• 1 year later...