Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Got the new FBV 3 to go with my Amplifi 150

pierremoatti

How the hell does it work on the FH1500 but not the Amplifi?

Think I'll buy the MK2 Express pedal instead now.

Not paying top dollar for something that's half working on my amp.

How the hell does it work on the FH1500 but not the Amplifi?

Think I'll buy the MK2 Express pedal instead now.

Not paying top dollar for something that's half working on my amp.

Other than the MK2 may be a sunset product (meaning eventually phased out), I am sticking to the FBV 3 for now or I may sell it and my Amplify 150.

I would recommend waiting to buy the fvb3 pedal. I bought it to use with my mkii amps and there were so many issues. I spoke directly to a line 6 tech and he told me that they are working on new firmware for the pedal which should fix the bugs. I believe this will be a good pedal after the update. For now, I'll stick to the mkii short board .

Announcing to all that I am returning this FBV 3.  The tuner on it SUCKS and it is an overall disappointment. My pedalboard with a Boss TU-3 Tuner, Corona Chorus and Ibanez Tube Screamer TS-808, provides me with all I need with a plain American Amp setup (no effects).

$404 Canadian of overkill and under-deliver.

• Downvote 1

I own about a dozen Line 6 products, with my most recent purchases including a Line 6 AmpliFi 75, and a Line 6 FB3.  Both are fully upgraded to the latest firmware releases as of the date of this post...

Regarding the multi-color LEDS, here are my honest thoughts...

An apology is "nice," even maybe "heart-warming."  But the box that the Line 6 FBV 3 comes in says exactly that, "MULTI-COLOR LEDS ILLUMINATE WITH THE ASSIGNED EFFECT TYPE."  And the Line 6 website includes the Line 6 AmpliFi 75 on the Line 6 FBV 3 "compatible" list.

Thus, since the LEDs on my foot controller are not multi-colored, I find this to be false advertising, or at least deceptive at best.    I fully expect this feature to be implemented in a post-purchase firmware/software release ASAP!

Having said that, I do very much enjoy this Line 6 AmpliFi 75, as it is a great practice amp.  And lightweight!  I do have a couple of "let's remember honesty" comments regarding it as well though:

1) Make no mistake, this is a PRACTICE amplifier, do NOT expect to be able to count on it for flawless professional live performance accompanying music from your iOS device.  The connectivity performance of this product is far from ready for professional use.

2) The product is touted as performing "tone matching," for patches that will be suited for a particular song.  There is absolutely no "tone matching" going on whatsoever.  By "tone matching" what is meant is that the product will search "on a cloud" for tone patches that have been TEXTUALLY DESCRIBED by a user community as matching a particular composition.  I suspect most consumers know this, and I certainly did before buying mine, but true "tone matching" is indeed a technical possibility these days, and this product does NOT do it.

Again, claims made regarding these products are clearly being exaggerated for some purpose, and yet, these are very good products!

I very much like Line 6 products, and have ever since buying the Line 6 Flextone II Plus years ago.  I just would encourage Line 6 to be a little less "deceptive" regarding their product claims.  Customers will be happy with a product that does everything that is claimed of it, but severely disappointed with the same product that doesn't.

And regarding product documentation... well, for my decade-old Line 6 Flextone II Plus: complete, thorough and even fun to read!

For my 2016 products, let's just say "no stars out of five," in several languages.

• Upvote 1

I own about a dozen Line 6 products, with my most recent purchases including a Line 6 AmpliFi 75, and a Line 6 FB3.  Both are fully upgraded to the latest firmware releases as of the date of this post...

An apology is "nice," even maybe "heart-warming."  But the box that the Line 6 FBV 3 comes in says exactly that, "MULTI-COLOR LEDS ILLUMINATE WITH THE ASSIGNED EFFECT TYPE."  And the Line 6 website includes the Line 6 AmpliFi 75 on the Line 6 FBV 3 "compatible" list.

Thus, since the LEDs on my foot controller are not multi-colored, I find this to be false advertising, or at least deceptive at best.    I fully expect this feature to be implemented in a post-purchase firmware/software release ASAP!

Having said that, I do very much enjoy this Line 6 AmpliFi 75, as it is a great practice amp.  And lightweight!  I do have a couple of "let's remember honesty" comments regarding it as well though:

1) Make no mistake, this is a PRACTICE amplifier, do NOT expect to be able to count on it for flawless professional live performance accompanying music from your iOS device.  The connectivity performance of this product is far from ready for professional use.

2) The product is touted as performing "tone matching," for patches that will be suited for a particular song.  There is absolutely no "tone matching" going on whatsoever.  By "tone matching" what is meant is that the product will search "on a cloud" for tone patches that have been TEXTUALLY DESCRIBED by a user community as matching a particular composition.  I suspect most consumers know this, and I certainly did before buying mine, but true "tone matching" is indeed a technical possibility these days, and this product does NOT do it.

Again, claims made regarding these products are clearly being exaggerated for some purpose, and yet, these are very good products!

I very much like Line 6 products, and have ever since buying the Line 6 Flextone II Plus years ago.  I just would encourage Line 6 to be a little less "deceptive" regarding their product claims.  Customers will be happy with a product that does everything that is claimed of it, but severely disappointed with the same product that doesn't.

And regarding product documentation... well, for my decade-old Line 6 Flextone II Plus: complete, thorough and even fun to read!

For my 2016 products, let's just say "no stars out of five," in several languages.

The FBV-3 was a complete let-down with over-pricing and under delivering. The tuner was the worse I had used ever. My mobile phone did a better job.

I used the refund $'s from my FBV-3 to buy an almost new Fender Custom Vibrolux Reverb amp. Straight-up amp with nothing fancy-shmancy. And it is a stage amp. No complications with my three pedals I use always (Ibanez TS-808, TC Electronic Corona Chorus and Boss TU-3 Tuner. No fuss, no muss.

Well this is definitely off my radar at the moment.

I'm just going to buy the Express pedal to change the 4 presets on my Amplifi, I don't use that many different effects so this will do me. And I can swap them out with the App within 20 seconds.

Real shame about the FBV 3 had high hopes for it.

Signed! Besides this issue (which I'm sure can be fixed via update) I really like the FBV 3: It feels sturdy, looks good and switches presets much, much faster than the app.

One Problem exists with the Amplifi and the FBV Express MKII. It doesn't Switch the sound until the button is released. And with my FBV shortboard MKII and the Amplifi same problem. So it is very hard to change the sound exactly, because you have to press and release the button until the board switches the sound.

Can anybody who has FBV3 with the Amplifi tell me, if the FBV 3 allready switches the sound, when the button is pressed down? Or do you also have to press and release the button until the sound is switched?

I've had my FBV 3 for a few weeks now, using it with an Amplifi 75.  Here are my impressions.

1. Much more effective for tone switching than the mobile device app.

2. Lack of functioning color switches with the Amplifi is a problem. You have to basically remember which function switch links to the effect you want to enable/disable.  It's locked on the board, but as soon as you change the order in the app, things get much more challenging.  The app should really show you the FS assignment with the pedal & the color coding should be made to work. I agree with what some other's here have said.  This seems like a bit of false adverting, if particular configs are needed to get what is advertised, that should be far more clear.

3. There's minimal documentation in the "Pilot's Guide".  From my experience, this is sadly typical of Line 6.  At this point it seems mostly targeted towards the Firehawk 1500. 

For me, this board does exactly what I was hoping for. It makes tone switching much faster and it give better control for volume.  I think if you are just combining with an Amplifi, as a practice setup it's still pretty sweet.  I don't know that it is a great performance rig.  I hope Line 6 does spend some more time improving the experience.  Getting the advertised color LEDs working will make a huge difference.

The decision to use/make switches activate on release was poor at best.  Just another reason for me to be unhappy with my purchase.  Can you imagine how drummers would react to a kick pedal that activates on release rather than press?

I would encourage the "design" team for this pedal to take some tips from the team that built the Line 6 PODHD500...

Switch Activation?  Not good, see how the PODHD500 works for a good implementation.

Tuner?   Not good, see how the PODHD500 works for a good implementation.

"Burly" Wah Pedal?  Not nearly as rugged as the one on the PODHD500.  Use one like theirs.

Switch Access?  Not good.  The PODHD500 has the buttons "tiered" so that the upper row of buttons are easy to hit without accidentally hitting the lower level buttons.  All it requires is two more bends on the sheet metal.

Documentation?  Not good.  See the manual for the PODHD500 for an example of good documentation.

Just... just unhappy, for such top-dollar ($250) spent... I just didn't realize that this pedal would be so radically unsatisfying since it is not a "rocket science/never been done before" item.  Well, in fairness, the new multi-colored buttons is "new," but they don't work, a primary reason for my decision to buy.  And for the other standard features to work less well than in past products is astounding to me.

On the other hand... The single cable connection is MUCH appreciated, and the single best feature of this new product.

I am hoping that a firmware upgrade can make the multi-color switch lights work as advertised.  Does anyone, upon reading this, know if they can be fixed, or if they will be fixed?

• 2 weeks later...

I waited 4 Months for this pedal
IT was supposed to Come in februar. But it Came yesterday.

the Main reason i Bought it was becouse of the different color rings.so i can see what effect is in use.i already had the fbv pedal ,the one before model,

But it is only red rings on my new fbv3 i am Wery angry and disapointed i have ampliefie 150.and no color rings

it did not tell/say anything on line6 homepage about this fbv3 ,that the color rings is not availeble on amplifie 150,not one word,

it says it is compatible with my ampliefie 150 and that is it!

i feel triked,i have wited so long for this footcontroller and now i am realy dissapointed

i have had many line 6 products,but after this i dont know anymore!

I waited 4 Months for this pedal

IT wasmuth supposed to Come inn februar. But i Come yesterday.the Main reason i Bought it was becouse of the different color rings.so i can see what effect is in use.But it is only red ringsi am Wery disapointed i have ampliefie 150.it did not tell/say anything on line6 homepage that color rings is not availeble on amplifie 150

This is why I returned mine. Over $400 Canadian with taxes! No way this product is ready for prime time. I tried to sell my Amplifi 150 online but no takers, so rather than getting low-balled. I am keeping it with my other two amps. It controls well enough with my iPhone.

Thanks to this thread I also declined the FBV 3 after reading the short comings.

Went with a Express Mk 11 pedal in the end,and I'm more than happy with it for a lot less money. Ok it's not got the fancy lights etc, but does the job.

• 2 months later...

The really sad thing is that the Line 6 product management people are not even listening. They just throw stuff out there for the sake of "innovating", and think we will just "lap it up". Don't get me wrong, some stuff is really quite good and some other stuff like the FB3 is a clear "miss-by-a-mile".

• 6 months later...

Hi I have amplify 75 and FBV 3, Same issue with the manual, not much in it.

The FBV Pilots Guide, did tell me that I could download the FBV control application (not the App for iPad or I phone, which I have and it works great) for MAC. I have downloaded the user manual which is very good.

I connected my FBV 3 into laptop and went to "line 6 Monkey" and the installer does not list the FBV 3 in the drop down box.

So something is missing here.

Thanks

Line 6 FBV Con 

• 7 months later...

I'm running the latest firmware for my amplifi150 2.60 firmware and fbv3 1.2.2 firmware and still no change to leds annoyed or what false advertising when it states compatible with amplifi 75/150 etc it doesn't state anywhere other than these forums that you only get full function and aesthetics with the firehawk. Come on line 6 poor poor. At least pull your fingers out and create a update of patch

• 5 years later...

Hello, After a whole year waiting, I finally got my FVB 3 controller for my Amplify 75. By checking on different information as its own picture shows on the product's package or box, I thought the 5 toggle switches, FS1/2/3/4/5, would be multicoloured and coordinated with the colour assigned in the app. But, no, I've stopped bothering about it. The Volume/Wha works fine and the tap for tuning. The A,B,C,D works sync with the amp presets or the app choice as the FS switches but not in colour assignment. Which would save a lot of guessing. Namely, they all only light in red, and one can only guess by practise about which is the assigned effect which appears dependent on the chosen bank's channel, from whichever bank that has been chosen on the Amplifi's onboard preset. They all can be change and modified in the app, OK, though the controller's light LEDS are not coordinated with the app's effects, at all. It's your guess or your memory or your feeling with different effects by checking. I considered it very unpractical and somehow a rip off as I got something different from what it is advertised, it should be inform that the switches would light in monocolor and save a lot of guessing, or that they only work with certain devices, and though it may work with other devices as an USB connection. Unless there is some other way of changing it. The other function switch, only work for the Line 6 Firehawk 1500.